Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Default Re: [WIP][KERNEL][ROM] Wildfire S Virgin Mobile USA

That didn't work, now it just freezes after step to and show not responding in the corner

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

two*

Quote Originally Posted by simonsimons34 View Post
    Hi everyone. Id like to thank everyone here who is trying my tutorials.
    Id like to ask everyone who finds this helpful to donate though, 1 cent to however much you think its worth. Anything helps---
    Done! Enjoy a beer on me! Thanks for your work!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1126 View Post
    Done! Enjoy a beer on me! Thanks for your work!
    Thank you mkm1126, im really grateful for this I look forward to developing more for this phone. Hope to have the Kernel out by Christmas day maybe earlier. I'm looking into a stock ROM with sense removed If there is interest it shouldn't be hard (just get a nandroid, remove HTC apps, recompile to a zip, and were good)

And to the other post, here is the last thing we should try.
    Download this file, its permanent root flash able zip I worked on a while ago with another Dev for the Optimus V, tested and working fine.
    Now move this to your sd card's root
    Go to HBOOT then our custom recovery we have installed
    Go to Backup and restore, do a complete backup DONT SKIP THIS, if you do and bad things happen you have no recovery.
    Now thats done, go to the flash zip from sd, select the one you downloaded and flash it.
    Congradulations your now rooted. Let me know if this was easier for you
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

I finally got the root to work, I looked through the XDA forums and found out the problem was with HTC Sync running in the background as soon as I connected my phone, but I am fully rooted now

I got it figured out, all setup now and I made sure and did a nandroid and put a copy of it on my computer for an extra backup...hehe...I want to make sure I have a copy somewhere other than the sd card.

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

I fixed it before I read this but thank you for bearing with me
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Im glad you figured it out Haha im going to add your added info to the OP and my new alternative method Thanks for your support
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Quote Originally Posted by lokito15 View Post
    I fixed it before I read this but thank you for bearing with me
    Glad you got it working Any support is provided by me at all times from 4pm to1030 edt, or all weekend long usually
    Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    I got it figured out, all setup now and I made sure and did a nandroid and put a copy of it on my computer for an extra backup...hehe...I want to make sure I have a copy somewhere other than the sd card.
    Glad to hear that. And the double back up is smart. Tomorrow after school im writing a new tutorial, my first that requires linux lol. Im going to explain how to remove unneaded apps and succesfully shrink the rom, via nandroid

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Alright and no problem and thank you for all of your work with this phone, the lack of memory was relly causing me problems
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Plenty of work left to do And i cant wait haha, hope your new found memory is doing well

After school? Hmmm, unless you are talking college, I wouldn't be a good parent if I didn't retract the have a beer comment! Lol! How about, have a Cheeseburger and shake instead? Just messing with ya . . . No matter your age, your tutorials are wonderful as well as your kindness and enthusiasm!

Quick question while I'm here . . . If we can shrink the rom, freeing up more space in the system partition, could we move some of our apps from data to there to take advantage of that extra space?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Haha, no Highschool. Im only 15, but age doesnt mean anything these days Lol like i said in the pm, ill deffinatly greatfully accept that shake and burger when i get paypal straightened out. And thank you for the kind words, im allways glad to help Programming really gets me excited

And on your question, yes we can thats why i considered trying it if you remove HTC apps there will be no sense or anything HTC so youd have to replace it with alternatives. Less we leave the rosy.apkthat would allow some sense functionality.. Deffinatly have to deodex it too... Lot of work to do haha. but apps are deffinately able to me moved there if you get their backups from titanium backup and add the .apk to the system app folder

Lol! Love it! While linux isn't in my comfort zone, I've made a career in programming, so am always happy to cheer on someone your age! I too get very excited about it! Cheers to you! Yes, age doesn't matter around here! Just a common interest to share!

Ok, back to the topic at hand . . . I wasn't aware that you can take a sense rom and remove the htc apk's without consequence. I think it might be safer to get a CM rom ported, or even just a plain vanilla aosp rom.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Just gotta know what to remove and im porting cm7 over that's just my.hold over idea. Hopefully by the time its error free they release cm 9 then ill have a new project. Haha thank you for the words of encouragement. Well calling it a night. Back on in 16 hours

Oh I love using Linux, I dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu, I will give them a shot.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

Argh....here's my problem:
    S-off procedure went smoothly, however I can't seem to get past step 3 in the root. Drivers are installed, phone is set to charge only, USB debugging is enabled. Auto is selected in the exploit in superoneclick, I click 'root', it starts running properly, but then this:
    Installing Busybox(temp)- adb server is out of date...killing
    Installing Busybox(temp)- Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/busybox: No such file or directory
    Rooting step 1- rm failed for /data/local/tmp/boomsh, No such file or directory
    Rooting step 2- rm failed for /data/local/tmp/sh, No such file or directory
    Rooting step 3- adb server is out of date. killing...
    That's when the procedure just shuts down. I'm really frustrated and I don't understand...

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmi View Post
    Argh....here's my problem:
    S-off procedure went smoothly, however I can't seem to get past step 3 in the root. Drivers are installed, phone is set to charge only, USB debugging is enabled. Auto is selected in the exploit in superoneclick, I click 'root', it starts running properly, but then this:
    Installing Busybox(temp)- adb server is out of date...killing
    Installing Busybox(temp)- Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/busybox: No such file or directory
    Rooting step 1- rm failed for /data/local/tmp/boomsh, No such file or directory
    Rooting step 2- rm failed for /data/local/tmp/sh, No such file or directory
    Rooting step 3- adb server is out of date. killing...
    That's when the procedure just shuts down. I'm really frustrated and I don't understand...
    I had the same problem yesterday, to fix it I had to open up task manager, click on the services tab and right click on the service htcUPCTloader.exe and select stop task. After I did that it rooted with no problem.
    Thanked by:
    Ahmi 

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

^Awesome, it's running smooth now, thanks a lot

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmi View Post
    ^Awesome, it's running smooth now, thanks a lot
    No problem.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

simonsimons34 you rock, man. My US Cellular WFS officially has s-off, root, and custom recovery...thanks, really, for taking the time to share...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Glad you got help, thanks lokito 15 for helping while im at school..
    and im glad to hear this worked for you ahmi

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

No problem I just didn't want anyone else to spend several hours trying to make it work like I did lol
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

ROM
    SSROM / Bobzhomes kernel

Haha well it was kind. I think that the recovery method might be an easier root though.
    Last edited by simonsimons34; 12-01-2011 at 02:51 PM.

ROM
    MIUIGB (Rooted S-Off)

I'm sorry to here that, breaks can be rough and I hope everything works out for the best.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast