Setting Up Email on HTC Wildfire S

rufan1978

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently purchased the HTC Wildfire S with Virgin Mobile USA. I have my work email accounts setup with Go Daddy and wanted to set up my mail on my phone. But I am having a major problem that Virgin and Go Daddy are unable to provide a solution for - I can receive emails just fine, but I am unable to sent out any emails. It is highly frustrating as NOBODY can provide me with an answer as to what's going on for a month, and is impacting my business.

My current setting are (note: there settings were given to me by both Go Daddy & Virgin Mobile):

Incoming settings:
My email in my email address & username fields
Password to my email account
POP Server: pop.secureserver.net
Security type: SSL
Server Port: 465

Outgoing settings:
Username is my email
Password s to my email account
POP Server: smtpout.secureserver.net
Secury type: SSL
Server Port: 465

Once I enter the information I get the error message: "Cannot connect to the mail service to verify your account information. Your server is not responding."

I did call Go Daddy and they also suggested changing the security type to NONE and the ports to 25, 3535, 80 & 587 to no avail. And downloading a third party app to funnel my email will not work either as I am already limited on memory space on this phone.

Have anybody experienced this issue? But more importantly, does anybody know a resolution? I haven't seen much on the web as far as any answers and what limited answers I see are for UK users. So please can answers be geared to US owners only. Thanks for all help :)

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My first suggestion would be to Google for any incompatibilities between the Android platform and Go Daddy. I don't know of anyone who uses or has tried to use Go Daddy with an Android phone.

If I had more time, I would look into it now. I'm at work, so I'll have to look later.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk