Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default New ROMs

Since I was having some difficulty getting effective memory and SD use I decided to fiddle with Forgiv's ROM. The details are located HERE.

Default Re: [ROM][STOCK] Wildfire S custom stock ROM

you need to udate the link2sd app that is with the rom. Actually all of the included apps are screwed up. None of the preloaded apps will update and the link to sd won't delete your system files like it would on the true stock version.

How do you install this??

Quote Originally Posted by sdfhfsh View Post
    How do you install this??
    Start reading this thread at post #16 on page 2 and see if that makes sense to you as Forgiv answers basically the same question from me. You might want to use my files located here: [ROM][STOCK] Two Wildfire S custom stock ROMs Stripped

I would recommend the stripped ROM.

I seem to be having trouble with the USB connection. I can hook up the device to charge just fine, but there is never an option to enable it as a mass storage drive. When I manually tell it to default to a USB drive, nothing ever happens. Is this just something funky with configuration, or is there an issue?

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Quote Originally Posted by h0rnman View Post
    I seem to be having trouble with the USB connection. I can hook up the device to charge just fine, but there is never an option to enable it as a mass storage drive. When I manually tell it to default to a USB drive, nothing ever happens. Is this just something funky with configuration, or is there an issue?
    I had the same issue while using this ROM, good thing I have a USB microSD adapter. I've since changed my ROM, it started to fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD426 View Post
    I had the same issue while using this ROM, good thing I have a USB microSD adapter. I've since changed my ROM, it started to fall apart.
    I've had the same problem as well. Could you share which ROM you're using now?

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post

Oddly enough, this only seems to be intermittent - I will do more testing when I have time, but I reflashed the ROM two or three times and it seemed to have somewhat fixed the problem. I set the default connect type to always be USB Drive, and so far, so good.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post

Currently the most stable and usable ROM I've found was the one in this thread

It offers 100mb or so free space for apps and such. Only reason being was I was stupid and lost my factory backup and this was closest to factory I could find with root and least amount of bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD426 View Post
    Currently the most stable and usable ROM I've found was the one in this thread

It offers 100mb or so free space for apps and such. Only reason being was I was stupid and lost my factory backup and this was closest to factory I could find with root and least amount of bloat.
    Thanks Mark, I'll check it out!

ROM
    IHO backside cm7.2

are gapps included?
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

screenshots?
    Galaxy S3 (d2vzw): CM11
    LG Optimus V: TVALL ICS
    Motorola Droid: CM10
    Sero 7 Pro: davemper CM11

Quote Originally Posted by forgiv View Post
    This is for virgin mobile cdma marvelc phones only. I'm not responsible for you bricking your phone.

This is the stock ROM for HTC Wildfire S on virgin mobile usa with some custom changes applied. This is the first ROM I've ever built so I hope you enjoy it.

Changes include:

V3
    fixed sound set issue(hopefully)

V2
    fixed missing dialer
    removed facebook, weather and twitter for extra space you can add them back if you want from market
    fixed an issue with camera
    fixed music issue
    more junk apps removed

V1
    rooted
    busybox installed
    removed Sense
    removed all HTC junk apps
    added ADW Launcher
    added links2sd

Available internal memory with this is 88MB on my phone compared to the 30MB I got from the stock ROM.

To install, simply copy to sd card and install from recovery menu.

To take advantage of links2sd make sure you have an extra partition on your sd card. I suggest it be about 1GB in size formatted to fat32. Of course you can have whatever size you see fit.

Please report any bugs. I really appreciate all the help guys.

Downloads:

- Newest

Good day, I downloaded your firmware it feels good, but here there is no FM radio and language is Russian but he does perevol chuchut and keyboard no translation ... What to do? can you add to the firmware itself an FM radio and a language pack?

Thanks. This ROM seems great but:
    is there a way to mute that horrible booting sound "Virgin Mobile" or what ever it says? This makes the rom unusable for me. I can't boot my phone during a lecture or so... that sucks.

i havent tried it, but i have seen this before Silent Boot .

Quote Originally Posted by Robsdedude View Post
    Thanks. This ROM seems great but:
    is there a way to mute that horrible booting sound "Virgin Mobile" or what ever it says? This makes the rom unusable for me. I can't boot my phone during a lecture or so... that sucks.
    A simple solution is to just turn down the volume of the phone before you turn it off. Otherwise you can fiddle with the ROM and replace it but you'd have to recompile, etc. Lots of info on that on this site if you're interested in fiddling.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12