[ROM][STOCK] Wildfire S custom stock ROM

Bearii

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
updates on my fiddling

Ok, playing with your ROM. Loving that launcher, so much better than stock. I'm starting to find everything again and I when I do I really like the way this launcher handles it.

Ok, on to a bit of problem. I am trying to upgrade the Link2SD without any luck. It won't install the update from the Market and Titanium Backup just gets stuck trying to restore it from my backups. The current version is missing some nice features of the latest version. Can you help with that?

One minor note, the message icon on the home screen (or wherever you stick it) does not light up with a message count like the stock version did.

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
before when i had stock, and also with simonsimon34 stock i was able to get the the disk drive pop up working. Idk if its my phone acting up or if its the rom, anyone with the same problem? i cant seem to put my phone into disk drive, charge only, or tether.

Bearii

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
before when i had stock, and also with simonsimon34 stock i was able to get the the disk drive pop up working. Idk if its my phone acting up or if its the rom, anyone with the same problem? i cant seem to put my phone into disk drive, charge only, or tether.

mine switches just fine between disk drive and charge modes with this ROM. The only problem I'm still having is that I cannot upgrade the Link2SD at all. Would love a solution to that as I'm having memory limits with this version that I did not have on the stock rom with the latest version of Link2SD.

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
mine switches just fine between disk drive and charge modes with this ROM. The only problem I'm still having is that I cannot upgrade the Link2SD at all. Would love a solution to that as I'm having memory limits with this version that I did not have on the stock rom with the latest version of Link2SD.

this is how i did it. google 'Link2SD 1.9.13' download it to computer, copy it to sdcard, if you have a file manager that allows you to copy to system/app, then remove the old one and move this one to there and just call it Link2SD, or alternatively you can just open up the zip of the rom, open system/app folder and replace the Link2SD there with the newer one, then reflash the rom ive done it both ways.

Link2SD 1.9.13: http://apknew.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=3435

Last edited:

Bearii

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
this is how i did it. google 'Link2SD 1.9.13' download it to computer, copy it to sdcard, if you have a file manager that allows you to copy to system/app, then remove the old one and move this one to there and just call it Link2SD, or alternatively you can just open up the zip of the rom, open system/app folder and replace the Link2SD there with the newer one, then reflash the rom ive done it both ways.

Link2SD 1.9.13: http://apknew.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=3435

Wow, what a brilliantly simple idea. I should have thought of that. I assumed that the installs somehow inserted stuff into registry like db's like windows. Shows how much of a newbie I am to Android and how it functions. Thanks for the great idea. As soon as I finish up this current work project on Wednesday and I don't need my phone every second I'll try that. Let you know how it works out.

Bearii

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
New ROMs

Since I was having some difficulty getting effective memory and SD use I decided to fiddle with Forgiv's ROM. The details are located HERE.

captainc1984

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
you need to udate the link2sd app that is with the rom. Actually all of the included apps are screwed up. None of the preloaded apps will update and the link to sd won't delete your system files like it would on the true stock version.

h0rnman

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be having trouble with the USB connection. I can hook up the device to charge just fine, but there is never an option to enable it as a mass storage drive. When I manually tell it to default to a USB drive, nothing ever happens. Is this just something funky with configuration, or is there an issue?

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having trouble with the USB connection. I can hook up the device to charge just fine, but there is never an option to enable it as a mass storage drive. When I manually tell it to default to a USB drive, nothing ever happens. Is this just something funky with configuration, or is there an issue?

I had the same issue while using this ROM, good thing I have a USB microSD adapter. I've since changed my ROM, it started to fall apart.

Bearii

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue while using this ROM, good thing I have a USB microSD adapter. I've since changed my ROM, it started to fall apart.

I've had the same problem as well. Could you share which ROM you're using now?

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2

h0rnman

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Oddly enough, this only seems to be intermittent - I will do more testing when I have time, but I reflashed the ROM two or three times and it seemed to have somewhat fixed the problem. I set the default connect type to always be USB Drive, and so far, so good.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Currently the most stable and usable ROM I've found was the one in this thread [ROM]Stock 2.3.4, Sense 2.1[Rooted][Apps2sd][Virgin Mobile US]- Only for marvelc 510c - xda-developers

It offers 100mb or so free space for apps and such. Only reason being was I was stupid and lost my factory backup and this was closest to factory I could find with root and least amount of bloat.

Bearii

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

lexaman1990

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This is for virgin mobile cdma marvelc phones only. I'm not responsible for you bricking your phone.

This is the stock ROM for HTC Wildfire S on virgin mobile usa with some custom changes applied. This is the first ROM I've ever built so I hope you enjoy it.

Changes include:

V3
fixed sound set issue(hopefully)

V2
fixed missing dialer
removed facebook, weather and twitter for extra space you can add them back if you want from market
fixed an issue with camera
fixed music issue
more junk apps removed

V1
rooted
busybox installed
removed Sense
removed all HTC junk apps
added ADW Launcher
added links2sd

Available internal memory with this is 88MB on my phone compared to the 30MB I got from the stock ROM.

To install, simply copy to sd card and install from recovery menu.

To take advantage of links2sd make sure you have an extra partition on your sd card. I suggest it be about 1GB in size formatted to fat32. Of course you can have whatever size you see fit.

Please report any bugs. I really appreciate all the help guys.

Downloads:

V3 - Newest
V2
V1

Good day, I downloaded your firmware it feels good, but here there is no FM radio and language is Russian but he does perevol chuchut and keyboard no translation ... What to do? can you add to the firmware itself an FM radio and a language pack?

Robsdedude

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. This ROM seems great but:
is there a way to mute that horrible booting sound "Virgin Mobile" or what ever it says? This makes the rom unusable for me. I can't boot my phone during a lecture or so... that sucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084