Phone Restarts Itself, Then Gets Stuck On HTC Screen

theescapist99

May 27, 2012
Visit site
It's not rooted, and as far as I know, undamaged. I wasn't doing anything or changing or updating on it when it started happening, it just did.

At first, it would sometimes successfully boot up like normal, but then it would restart itself like 20 minutes later. Now it just either goes into an endless loop of HTC screens, or it would just stay like that.

I tried using something called RUU, but that didn't work. Then I tried going into recovery mode, but every time I did that, it just showed the HTC screen and got stuck there again.

I went to Virgin Mobile and just tried to see if they could send me a new one, but when I tried to fill out the claim, they said they didn't have enough information to complete it (even though I answered all their questions).

I have somewhere to be tonight, and I'm looking to see if I can just get it to boot for a little while and then do a factory reset. The problem is that it doesn't want to boot normally at all anymore.

Any suggestions? All help is appreciated.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you try this?

1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.

2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.

3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.

4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

theescapist99

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you try this?

1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.

2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.

3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.

4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

Well, I don't think I have that option (it only shows factory reset in the recovery mode menu). But I did get it to factory reset another way --- and that worked for a while, but then the phone just started screwing up again. I'm thinking it maybe a battery problem (the battery feels really hot as of lately).

So now my new predicament is either get new phone using phone insurance, or get new battery -- even though I'm not sure the battery is really the problem.

nash1911

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
hi guys..

I have the same problem minus the battery getting hot.

I have tried the hard reset, the phone started working fine for a few days... but then again its screwed and just doesn want to stop.

Could someone point any other solution to this?

Thanks

suresh gladin

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Dear Team,

You guys are really awesome , My mobile has been recovered sucessfully and am really happy with your support.....

Thanks again team.

Regards
Suresh glaidin:) :) :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel