Google Talk App went crazy

Eliva

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I've had HTC Wildfire S for a couple of years, never used the Talk App at all, everything was cool.
Now after one of the reboots I'm receiving notifications every few minutes that it's failing to sign in to the Talk, although I never asked it to.
When I try to open the app itself, in order to tell it to stop trying to sign in, of course it tries to sign in and fails.
And it never shows the username and password fields, so I can't check/correct if anything's is wrong with signing in.
Tried to "force stop" the app through settings, but it gives only a temporary solution, everything starts over again in a while.
Would be fantastic if anyone could help!!!
Thanks!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Force stop is, at best, a very short-lived solution. When you go to settings-apps-talk, are there options to clear cache, clear data, and disable it? Disabling it should not otherwise interfere with the operation of your phone.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
This is the Google Talk app? You might consider deleting your google account and then setting it up again. Since your Android needs one google acct, you may need to create a new account - an extra - then delete the original. The re-add the original account and you can delete the extra one. You won't lose your data - it'll repopulate from Google's servers.

Curious - do you have Google Hangouts loaded on this phone? It replaces talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34