System UI stops

Trebbor77

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently get a popup on my Huawei Ascend Mate 7 that says "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." I can then press ok and then still use the phone but I can not go to home screen and the popup also comes right back again.
I have given a hard reset the phone and all apps are installed again but then the same happens again. I also installed new firmware manually but the problem comes back again. Also the SD card Iwas formatted and everything set up again but here the problem remains.
Also using a virisscanner doesn t provide a solution.
The strange thing is that it looks like the problem begins only after the phone has been turned off for a longer time.
Does anyone know the problem and knows the cause? Is there a solution for this problem I can use or does the phone has to be sent back to manufacturer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.