Huawei Ascend P6 - Can't Connect To My Wi-Fi Network

Seth Warmen

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I finally got my hands on a Huawei Ascend P6 yesterday and was so excited to use it! :D

The wifi worked fine until I disconnected for the first time. Since then the phone never wanted to reconnect to our private network no matter what I tried. I tried switching the wifi off and back on again. Tried switching the phone on and off again multiple times. I even tried to use a static IP address but that also didn't seem to work. I also tried switching the 'Wi-Fi optimisation' off as well as setting the 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'Always'.

I'm aware that this could be an android problem instead of an Huawei problem as Android is quite well known on Google for it's wifi problems. With one of my previous phones (HTC Wildfire) I've experienced the infamous wifi-loop many times (Connecting, Fetching Ip, Connected, Disconnected, Connecting...). But I never experienced that on my Xperia S (although I have experienced different wifi problems on it (i.e., IP clashes, etc.)).

The problem is not at the modem. The phone itself is not connecting AT ALL to the wifi.
It is however connecting to my mobile network.

Is there anyone that has a known solution for me? I've read so many threads (apple, windows AND android) and still haven't found a solution.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to read and reply to this message.

Sincerely,
S

Jozsef Jung

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey Seth,
I have exactly the same problem, but I have no clue what to do, and do not even find any solution yet.
If your problem finally got fixed, please share it!
many thanks in advance!
J.

rfah

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
<clip> .... I'm aware that this could be an android problem instead of an Huawei problem as Android is quite well known on Google for it's wifi problems .... </clip>

I have always had HUAWEI products and have been totally satisfied with price and performance ... UNTIL NOW.

Both my wife and i decided to upgrade our Huawei G300 phones to the P6 .. as we wanted a bigger screen and the latest Android OS [JellyBean] ... but how disappointed we are!!! The continual WiFi connection problems make the phone A PAIN TO USE!!! I feel like throwing it against the wall!! ..

Leaving an app for a few minutes and returning to it just the be told "NO NETWORK CONNECTION" while other devices connected via WiFi are working normally .. and going to the Wi-Fi settings on the P6 the connection shows up as connected!! Nothing i do can change this spasmodic behaviour!! It is DEFINITELY the device, as we have had no probs with WiFi prior to changing phones ... PLUS the same behaviour happens with BOTH new phones, which work of separate WiFi networks geographically separated!!

We have both upgraded the firmware from B106, which the phone came with, to B111 ... the latest upgrade that is available via the system GUI! But NOTHING!! Both phones still behave the same!

I never experience this problem with the Huawei G300!! .. it always transferred seamlessly to WiFi upon coming home and operated flawlessly while WiFi was up.

It would appear that with the P6 there might be a hardware problem as suggested by Kris Carlton.

However, i think that ONE CONTRIBUTOR to this issue might be the WiFi Advanced setting 'Avoid poor connections', because de-selecting this default setting (every time you change WiFi sources this defaults back to being ON) ... but from limited testing it WOULD APPEAR that the issue is improved to some degree .... however, it is still there .. and appears to occur if, after some constant use of an APP, for example Google Translate, the APP is left to 'idle' for a period of time while the phone goes to sleep .. upon waking up and activating the APP again am told that there is no connection ... EVEN THOUGH upon examining the WiFi status being told it is connected!!!

At some point ... undeterminable ... maybe a minute or so the APP resumes normal operation OR if a different APP is loaded that uses the WiFi connection .. the connection seems to 'wake-up', even though it already appears to be connected!!

But i cant be sure of the absolute nature of these observations as nothing seems to be reproducible with an absolute degree of certainty!

UNLESS somebody else has been able to solve this through some combination of System Settings .. we are going to push for a full refund and change brands!!

Has anyone been able to solve this issue???

Frustrated & Disappointed

Last edited by a moderator:

brooksy22

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem as the OP with my huawei, my solution was to try to connect to the wifi (this saves the network) then I tuned off my wifi, when its turned off i went to the saved connection and tapped it and forgot it. When i went and set them back up they worked.

ABF1

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
it's not a big deal, just turn off you router, forget the Wi-Fi setting saved on your phone, restart the router he will pick up as new , enter the key et voila, no need to upgrade or whatever, many thank well thougth

nyron1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi i had the same problem and i restarted the router and everything worked fine. I would like to know if this problem would be solved permanently or would it be a recurring problem.

Boris Pan

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
make sure "Wi-Fi Protected Setup (Also called WCN 2.0 in Windows Vista)" is not enabled in your router configuration some huawei phones experiencing problem with this option

work for me

P.S. "WPS" is not very secure can be easy Brut force. it is recommended to turn it off if you have it in router options

Last edited:

Marc vdb

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
My wifi and data connection disconnects when screen goes off on my huawei ascend mate 2. For samsung phones it can be solved with secret codes like ##0011# but for huawei phones the secret codes are not working. or do you know a working secret code on hardware level for this? my power save mode is off. wifi is set on always on mode. auto synchronisation is on. my apps can all run in background. So I have set off all possible energy saving option for all apps. besides I have downloaded apps to keep wifi always on. but when I put it on always on mode on this app. It mentions that the wifi set on always on mode. but after 2 seconds I open the app (wifi always on app) it says that the wifi is on saving mode and not in always on mode. So there is another more dominant program (probably the huawei custom ROM) who has more privileges than a normal app so that it avoids that wifi is on always on mode.

Sometimes even when the screen is on, viber whatsapp does not receive calls or messages you should launch the app to receive calls and messages. you would say that it is a synchronisation problem. No. No. sync is on for all accounts. all accounts have full access on all my data and on the battery. All settings about battery saving options are set off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49