How to you get the Huawei Ascend P7 to prompt options when plugging in a USB cable?

Raeesah0304

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

My huawei Ascend P7 has stopped Prompting me options when I plug it into my PC or Laptop how do I get my phone to provide these options again?

:-

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

My huawei Ascend P7 has stopped Prompting me options when I plug it into my PC or Laptop how do I get my phone to provide these options again?

:-

Check your cable. Maybe try a different one. Also, make sure you have the drivers installed on the computer.

You can also get to that prompt by enabling developer tools. To do this, open settings, scroll to the bottom to About phone, find the Build number, and tap on that a bunch of times. Eventually you'll see a prompt saying something like, "tap x number of times to become a developer." Keep tapping and you'll see a new one that says something like, "Congrats, you are now a developer." You've now enabled the secret dev menu.

Now hit the back button to go into the main settings menu. Right above About phone, you have a new option to go into Developer options. Under the Networking sub heading you should be able to see the option to Select USB Configuration. That should be the menu you are looking for.

Hopefully that helps!

Raeesah0304

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thank you so much for the reply,

I however cannot find the networking sub area it only gives me,

Debugging
Input
Drawing
Hardware accelerated rendering
Monitoring and
Apps

kennyads

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
If all is working properly and you have your USB lead plugged into your computer with the correct driver installed you should have a notification in the drop down notifications panel which shows the USB logo. It will also show the current status of the connection. Tap to open the menu you require. NB you may find you have accidentally ticked the "don't remind me again" button on this menu. I can find no other alternative way to access this menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante