Push notification problem Huawei G8

Ismael Besheer

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
My sister just got this phone 2 days ago. At first it seems to be a really nice phone and good value for money except that there's a major issue with push notifications for apps like whatsapp, Facebook messenger, viber, and the like. When the screen is off you get no notifications whatsoever from these apps. She has to check every app manually to know if she's got new messages. That's a really big problem considering how important social media apps are for people nowadays. I've tried several ways to fix this issue but nothing is working. Has anyone else experienced such problems?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that there are no audible notifications, or that they aren't even appearing in the notification bar?

Go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on.

Ismael Besheer

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello B. Diddy
The notification aren't appearing on the notifications bar. I've tried everything...data restriction off, power saving mode on normal, switched on all notification for each individual app still nothing works. Sometimes it works for a little while then it stops again for no reason. Even when the apps are shown to be running in the background. It's like the system kills the apps completely and i have to manually restart them again to see my notifications. I googled the problem and it seems it's a very common problem on a lot of Huawei devices not just the G8. I don't know what to do.

Nixlay

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
You could go to Setting > Protected Apps.
Turn on all the apps that u want to get the notification.

When it's turn off, it means after the screen is off, the app will be terminated. If you turn it on, it will let the apps to keep running in the background.

Myeviltwin1971

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You could go to Setting > Protected Apps.
Turn on all the apps that u want to get the notification.

When it's turn off, it means after the screen is off, the app will be terminated. If you turn it on, it will let the apps to keep running in the background.

None of the above work!
I have just bought a Huawei P9 and cannot receive any push notifications until I actually open the app. I have done all the above and more.. but nothing. Very disappointing.

Prem Chand1

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a new media tab x2 and have exactly the same issue. It appears to be a common problem with Huawei based on blogs. I have done everything suggested such as power management settings, data management in background, PNF app from play store, notification settings on all apps and device. Unfortunately no luck to date. Has anyone come up with a workable solution?

judd avril

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a new media tab x2 and have exactly the same issue. It appears to be a common problem with Huawei based on blogs. I have done everything suggested such as power management settings, data management in background, PNF app from play store, notification settings on all apps and device. Unfortunately no luck to date. Has anyone come up with a workable solution?

judd avril

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This help might be late for you and the first person that asked the question, but help me understand:

Is it that you don't see notifications on the lock screen?
You don't see notifications on the notifcation bar above?
You don't get notification alert in terms of sound and vibration?
Badges don't show when there are pending messages (like on whatsapp)?

Abbas Dahodwala

May 5, 2017
Visit site
My sister just got this phone 2 days ago. At first it seems to be a really nice phone and good value for money except that there's a major issue with push notifications for apps like whatsapp, Facebook messenger, viber, and the like. When the screen is off you get no notifications whatsoever from these apps. She has to check every app manually to know if she's got new messages. That's a really big problem considering how important social media apps are for people nowadays. I've tried several ways to fix this issue but nothing is working. Has anyone else experienced such problems?

I can help you with that I have the same phone..

Try this..
1) Open your phone manager
2) Tap on battery icon there
3) There you will have option protected app open it
4) protect the apps you want to keep running..
5) Done...!!!

Thats how I did that....