Notifications

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.
I find notifications (especially email) to be a bit hit and miss. I have googled this to death and made all the recommended changes to permissions, wifi settings etc, and it still can't rely on them.
Is anyone else having issues and come up with a permanent solution, apart from rooting ?

Posted via the Android Central App

gdecandio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I get the notifications on the phone fine after setting each app I want to my notifications from to 'protected' in the battery manager settings. The problem I have is getting the notifications reliably on my Moto 360 watch. Sometimes the notifications arrive fine, other times they are delayed by many minutes, and other times they never show up. It's frustrating and makes the watch pretty much unusable with this phone.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
This could be a deal breaker for me, what's the point of having a phone where the notifications don't work property, seriously thinking of ditching this phone. Apart from the notifications not working properly , I can't get battery monitor wiget app to work when the screen is off, and even GSam battery monitor doesn't work all of the time, even though in both cases permissions are correctly set!

gdecandio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone is having the same issues I was with using an Android wear watch with the Mate 8 and missing notifications on the watch, I found an unlikely solution. Install the "Feel the Wear" app from the Google play store. Everything works perfectly for me after that. For the record, my watch is a 2nd Gen Moto 360.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital