General Huawei Mate 8 Performance Issues

Lamensterms

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've had the Mate 8 for about 4 months now, and have been experiencing a few performance issues:

1. Unresponsive touch screen.
Touch screen will frequently ignore touches. I will often have to double or triple touch.

2. Slow app launching times.
4-5 (sometimes up to 10) second delays when launching apps (IMDB, Boat Browser, Wunderlist). The app will open, but the screen will be blank (white, black or grey) for a few seconds before the app fully loads.

3. Cannot Wake Device.
Occasionally (once a week) the phone will freeze/lock-up while asleep. It heats up and cannot be woken (power button, fingerprint scanner are unresponsive). Force reboot (long press power button) required. This is happening more and more frequently (3 times in last 24 hours). It appears to be some sort of memory leak.

Is anyone else having the same issues? Anyone know of solutions on how to improve/fix any of these issues? Did I get a lemon?

Thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Mate 8, but I do have an Honor 5X, so there's probably some similarity there. In terms of slow app launching times, does your phone have the same aggressive RAM-management system settings as my Honor 5X does? If so, that can contribute to sluggish app opening, because if the system is constantly closing apps from RAM, that means any time you open a new app, it has to open back into RAM (and possibly rebuild its cache, if the system is also clearing that regularly). The Honor 5X has an option for "Protected Apps," which protects an app from this kind of management -- try protecting your frequently used apps and see if that helps.

In terms of the touchscreen, try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem stems from a 3rd party app you installed vs the system or hardware: http://consumer.huawei.com/ca/support/products/faqs/detail/y6-ca.htm?id=55398

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Huawei Mate 8 for a few months now, have not had these issues. Now running EMUI 5.0, Android 7.0. with with Nova Launcher, very responsive..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34