We have a Huawei Mate 9! Ask us anything!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can the navigation keys be disabled (for more screen real estate)? From what I have been able to determine is that some Chinese versions have the capability (disable, swipe up to use) but not the US version just released?

They can be tweaked but not disabled.

datafiend

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you select wifi or bluetooth from the drop down notification menu, does it give a list of possible connections (like on stock) or does it just toggle the connection on and off?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If you select wifi or bluetooth from the drop down notification menu, does it give a list of possible connections (like on stock) or does it just toggle the connection on and off?

You have to long press it to get it to pop open the possible connections. If you just press it will toggle.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Did you buy this dock? Does it work well and hold the phone securely?
Still waiting on delivery which is due today. So a week to ship. I'll come back later with how it worked out.

When not in use and not charging, like overnight, it lost 2% charge.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting on delivery which is due today. So a week to ship. I'll come back later with how it worked out.

When not in use and not charging, like overnight, it lost 2% charge.
Came with today's post. Works well. May get more for each room in house.

Was concerned might interfere with speakers. Not.

marthur13

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello:

I have the Mate 9 US edition and the phone is great so far. I want to use the native app for texting however, when I am in MMS/group texts, it doesn't tell me who is texting. So if the contact colors end up being the same, I can't tell who is sending what message. I checked in settings and can't find how to enable this. Let me know if you have an answer. I am using Textra for now but I want to return to the native messaging app.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello:

I have the Mate 9 US edition and the phone is great so far. I want to use the native app for texting however, when I am in MMS/group texts, it doesn't tell me who is texting. So if the contact colors end up being the same, I can't tell who is sending what message. I checked in settings and can't find how to enable this. Let me know if you have an answer. I am using Textra for now but I want to return to the native messaging app.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to use the native messaging app?

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello:

I was not able to find a way to do this either.

marthur13

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I like the way it looks, it's clean and would prefer to use native functionality as much as possible. I tried to use the google messenger app but that does not work on the device.

Blueyed1

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi
How many hours does the battery last, mine is very pur, only 12-13 hours.
/Blueyed1

Hello! I (Daniel Bader) and Alex Dobie have Huawei's new Big Phone, the Mate 9, featuring the brand new Kirin 960 chip, a massive 4,000mAh battery, and a really interesting dual camera setup! And, of course, it runs Android 7.0 Nougat with the new EMUI 5.0 layer, and it's way better.

Interested in this new phone? Ask us anything!

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello:

I added a custom image to each of my contacts. In group messages, I can distinguish between contacts.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi
How many hours does the battery last, mine is very pur, only 12-13 hours.
/Blueyed1

Depends on usage BUT easily a day and in to the next day. And I charge my phones nightly. I have NEVER not made it through the day. Travel to Spain (from the US) put it to the test, BUT I ended the night (which was more than 24 hours) with 34% left!

Blueyed1

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I went to the dealer since my phone must be defective, its also gets a bit hot when using for 15-30 minutes browsing web or facebook, the phone is only one week old, so the dealer will give me a new phone as replacement

Screenshot_20170223-162413.jpg

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
How is everyone getting around the lack of notification lights on this phone.?? i have to constantly power my phone to check for missed messages.. the light is so dim and always seems to be the same color.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
How is everyone getting around the lack of notification lights on this phone.?? i have to constantly power my phone to check for missed messages.. the light is so dim and always seems to be the same color.
Mine seems to do a few different colors. I have blue for Textra, green for emails, yellow for Tapatalk. I cant remember if there's more. As far as how I deal with the notification LED, I look at the phone and if it's pulsing the led I turn it on. It's not the brightest led but it seems to work just fine and I've yet to miss anything due to the brightness level of it.