Factory screen protector.

NeilMex

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The mate 9 came installed with a screen protector but I've never used one before. I'm considering removing it as it's a bit of a finger print magnet. Has anyone removed theirs? If so, how did you do it and do you get less finger print marks on the screen?

PS. I take very good care of my phones and am not one of these animals that keeps his phone in his pocket with his keys.

Cheers.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I agree the screen protector is impossible to keep clean. Mine is now in the trash. I did put on a glass protector but it is close to impossible to get all the air bubbles out. I will give it a more time to clear and if it doesn't clear out trash it also. I keep it in a case with cover so not really that concerned with getting scratches.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I never use a screen protector, and hadn't even realized one had already been applied- I kept it for a day then removed it. I like the feel of the glass, but I kinda wished I had just kept it until it was trashed. I always get little hairline scratches. It was applied PERFECTLY.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I never use a screen protector, and hadn't even realized one had already been applied- I kept it for a day then removed it. I like the feel of the glass, but I kinda wished I had just kept it until it was trashed. I always get little hairline scratches. It was applied PERFECTLY.

This is the only reason I have not removed the original screen protector: it was installed flawlessly. I have a tempered glass one but probably won't install it until the original one starts looking bad.

garyham

May 2, 2013
Visit site
According to Huawei customer service, this is a protective shipping slip over the screen and not meant as a screen protector. The representative informed me it offers no meaningful protection.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
According to Huawei customer service, this is a protective shipping slip over the screen and not meant as a screen protector. The representative informed me it offers no meaningful protection.

I wish you hadnt told me that, now I want to remove it lol. Mines still on there but Ive got a 4 pack of some screens I ordered on Amazon to replace it when it gets trashed. Id rather get a glass protector but we all know how those work on curved screens.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

Probably not, but my protector already has a half an inch scratch that I don't think went through to the glass. I think it offers some protection. It doesn't bother me, I'm leaving it on until it starts to peel or something, then I'll buy tempered glass.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered three different types of screen protectors and have yet to find one that I like because of the curve of the Mate 9 screen. I'll likely go to a flexible one. I don't like them as much but I hate lifted edges even more!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I just put on a very nice hard protector that pretty much applied itself and works posiubly better.

It is raised but then that is fine with the case I used that comes up over the side.

Was afraid I wouldnt like it or the phone as much but have to say I'm impressed.

Nillkin case. Not sure as I bought r brands of screen protector but used the only one that was solid and came with two. Nillkin was also only one that was made for Huawei Ascend Mate9.

Huawei Mate 9 Case, TopAce Super Slim Frosted Shield Shell Cover Case + Screen Protector For Huawei Mate 9 (Gold) < https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEGSUEN/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5695772 >

Huawei Mate 9 Screen Protector, Wellci [2-Pack] High Definition Tempered Glass, Extreme Hardness, 2.5D Round Edge (Ultra Clear) < https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8OJ6NG/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5695772 >

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I just put on a very nice hard protector that pretty much applied itself and works posiubly better.

It is raised but then that is fine with the case I used that comes up over the side.

Was afraid I wouldnt like it or the phone as much but have to say I'm impressed.

Nillkin case. Not sure as I bought r brands of screen protector but used the only one that was solid and came with two. Nillkin was also only one that was made for Huawei Ascend Mate9.

Huawei Mate 9 Case, TopAce Super Slim Frosted Shield Shell Cover Case + Screen Protector For Huawei Mate 9 (Gold) < https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEGSUEN/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5696050 >

Huawei Mate 9 Screen Protector, Wellci [2-Pack] High Definition Tempered Glass, Extreme Hardness, 2.5D Round Edge (Ultra Clear) < https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N8OJ6NG/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5696050 >

Would you be able to post a pic of your phone with the tempered glass on?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
f105495974a5941532c7dbec05c93530.jpg

5c13c42605f4f79abeb0c9e2c59121cc.jpg

73d966171b4a230aa31b2ca4a0f8e20b.jpg

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I took the pre installed screen protector off about 6 weeks ago. I used the wellci Tempered Glass for a while, but it too was a fingerprint magnet. I have had no screen protector for a few weeks now and it is so much better without anything. No issues or scratches either. Looks ten times better than having a halo as well.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
So far I don't have fingerprints or smudges after 12 hours solid use. U did wipe the screen this am before taking picture.

The OEM protector was a real finger smudges magnet but the other day I was out and just couldn't stand thought of anything happening.

The tiny edge not covered us but an issue with touch or viewing, and the frame plus glass protection is good coverage protection.

Also went on so well without effort or bubbles or needing to push, another plus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae