Anyone found a charger that fast charges the Mate 9 like the OEM charger?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I would like to get a second fast charging A/C adapter and cable?

Does the Nexus 6P one work? Do you have to use a special USB-C cable? Anyone buy one online that works (and is safe)?

Thanks!

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
The charger is important and so is the cord.
Charger needs to charge @4.5volts and 5 amps and the cord needs to accept 5 amps for super charge. Most cords only accept 2
amps and are limited to fast charging. I tried my 5 amp cord that came with the Mate 9 on my Honor 8 5 volt/2 amp charger and it fast charged the Mate 9. I ordered a couple of 5 amp cords and will use them on either charger and will be able to get the Mate super charge and the Honor 8 fast charge. The fast charge pumps about 2500 may while the Super charge is pumping close to twice that.

If you have a Nexus 6P charger and 5 amp cord it should fast charge.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Its a proprietary charger, like the OnePlus. I think you need the original.

I am using a Huawei Honor 8 charger and cord and it shows fast charge on the Mate 9 the same as it does on the Honor 8. If you use the charger and cord that comes with the Mate 9 it shows supercharge. I don't see much difference in charge time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using a Huawei Honor 8 charger and cord and it shows fast charge on the Mate 9 the same as it does on the Honor 8. If you use the charger and cord that comes with the Mate 9 it shows supercharge. I don't see much difference in charge time.

If that's the case then you can get the huaw honor gift box which comes with charger, cable, usb c adapter and selfie stick for$9 if you need a genuine Huawei charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Gift-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5653619

dakalter69

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The s7 quick charger only shows regular charging, the pixel charger shows fast charging and the Huawei one says super charging. This leads me to think that Huawei will only support fast charging on the USB c power delivery standard since that's what the pixel charger is.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
The s7 quick charger only shows regular charging, the pixel charger shows fast charging and the Huawei one says super charging. This leads me to think that Huawei will only support fast charging on the USB c power delivery standard since that's what the pixel charger is.

The Huawei Mate 9 charger does super charging and the Honor 8 charger does fast charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan