Changing notification volume separate from ringtone?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I am liking my Mate 9 so far. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to change the volume of my notification tone separate from my ringtone? Does the volume for ringtone also affect notification tones? In previous android devices, Samsung and ZTE, I am able to separate both volumes. I want to leave my ringtone for calls louder than my notification/text tones.

Also, what is the volume setting for Calls used fpr? Is that when on the phone it increases/decrease how loud you hear a person on the phone?

Please advise or let me know if it's not possible.

Thank you,

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Pull down arrow when you change vol key will let you manually set alarms, ring tone, calls, media

Yes, I see that, but which one controls notifications/text tones, separate from Ringtone?

Ringtone for incoming phone call tones
Media i assume controls music while playing
Alarms for any alarms
Calls for volume while talking on the phone?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Seems like both the ringtone and notification volume are joined together, which is dumb. Anyone recommend an app that I can adjust my downloaded notifications tone so that it's not so loud?

Thank you,

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Seems like both the ringtone and notification volume are joined together, which is dumb. Anyone recommend an app that I can adjust my downloaded notifications tone so that it's not so loud?

Thank you,

I think I may have found an app that can separate both ringer and notification tones: - Volume Control.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Why does the Volume Control app need so many permissions? I even looked at the paid version and it's the same way.
My old Lg G pro 2 has separate controls for volume/ringer. I'm sure there is some evil intent by the droid developer gods.

zstann

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same question too. My previous LG G3 i could set the volume seperately seamlessly. The solution for the mate 9 i found was to go into Apps and mute all the notifications individually.

E.g.
Settings> Apps > Gmail >Notifications > Ringtone (off) & Vibrate (off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC