Crashing Apps?

B3nb123

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else find some apps just won#t run on the Mate? I'm in the UK, trying to use the Barclays banking app. But it crashes immediately on launch. It's a bit of a deal breaker (Not that I can return the mate) because banking is something I usually do on my phone daily. Also an agenda widget I had on my homescreen on my last phone. Just wouldn't run without crashing instantly either.
I'm guessing there's nothing I can do about it but wait to see if it starts to work after a software update perhaps.

Anyone else find this with certain apps?

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else find some apps just won#t run on the Mate? I'm in the UK, trying to use the Barclays banking app. But it crashes immediately on launch. It's a bit of a deal breaker (Not that I can return the mate) because banking is something I usually do on my phone daily. Also an agenda widget I had on my homescreen on my last phone. Just wouldn't run without crashing instantly either.
I'm guessing there's nothing I can do about it but wait to see if it starts to work after a software update perhaps.

Anyone else find this with certain apps?

Have you tried going to security, Unknown sources enabled use of apps from non official sources???

B3nb123

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I can use the browser - I thought it needed me to carry the Pin Sentry card reader too, but thankfully it will let me log in via a pin number and memorable word - not too inconvenient. Perhaps a little more convenient to handle all my banking via the app, but I guess I can still do everything via the browser.

I've tried turning on Unofficial Sources but the banking app still crashes.
Appreciate the ideas though, thanks

Last edited:

B3nb123

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm realising this is the problem. In Play Store for Barclays app there's a note saying they're working on a fix for the LG G5 on 7.0, so I'm guessing it's simply that apps need to be updated to work on that. An Android 7.0 problem rather than a glitch by Huawei

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21