Touch screen sensitivity issue

fatboy88888

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. I've been using the Mate 9 for a couple of days now and I love the phone. But I've noticed the touch screen sensitivity can sometimes be unresponsive. There has been a number of times where I've been on a browser or app and had to click on a link/button at least twice before it responds. It's the same when I click on the Settings button at the top of the notification panel and other areas such as the settings page.

I thought it was just me but I've gone back to my Nexus 6P and iPhone 6s to test, and there is a notable difference.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone know if this a known issue? I live in the UK, is it likely to be fixed and is there going to be a update soon?

Thanks in advance.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Mate 9 close to a week now. I ran into touch issue while using Google map zooming few times. For some reason I blamed on the plastic screen protector. I removed it and I have not seen the issue since. Or it could just be very dried day where my fingers didn't make a good contact?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps due to the screen protector that it comes with? I sometimes experience minor unresponsiveness as well, but thought it's because of the screen protector. I tried to wipe it down throughout the day

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
There was another thread some in which someone mentioned they had an issue swiping down notifications from the top of the screen. I think they were going to get it replaced. I also believe J Williams reported in a video that touch sensitivity got better after removing the pre installed screen protector.

fatboy88888

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
There was another thread some in which someone mentioned they had an issue swiping down notifications from the top of the screen. I think they were going to get it replaced. I also believe J Williams reported in a video that touch sensitivity got better after removing the pre installed screen protector.

Thanks, yeah I'm getting mine replaced too, not sure it will help though.

Do you have a link to the video by any chance?