For UK Owners - Barclays Apps Not Working?

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Phone is brand new, not rooted. Installed the Barclays, Barclays Pingit and Barclaycard apps on it today and tried to run them and they all just quit straight back to the desktop, don't even get as far as the login screen.

There's no problem with the servers because I can still log in with the same apps on my old Samsung S7 (running Nougat) phone. I've got apps for American Express and Tesco Bank that work perfectly so it looks like it's some sort of Barclays/Huawei compatibility thing. :-( :-(

Anyone else come across this, and more importantly, fixed it?

Thanks for reading!

charmz2k2

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I've got the Porsche design mate 9 and I'm struggling with the Barclays Apps too...
It seems that there was an update in the last day or so according to some reviews who were struggling but I haven't been updated as yet

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I contacted Barclays and got this response... their broken English not mine by the way! Seems like they are aware of the issue but their reply doesn't inspire me with a great deal of confidence given they mention Samsung as having the issue after I'd already told them it worked fine on my old S7...

I can certainly understand how inconvenient it must be for you to access the Barclays Mobile Banking App.

We are aware that this issue has been raised to our technical teams since its ongoing for our customers and we are working as fast as possible to resolve the issue. We suggest that you try to login after sometime.

Need to mention that it is specific to something LG, Samsung and Huawei have done in the update and not down to our apps or the Android 7.0 OS rollout.

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just in case anyone else is looking for some info I thought I'd update this thread with the latest situation.

Unfortunately it's not good news - a very poor show from Barclays - this STILL isn't working. I've complained again (lost count how many times I've done so now) - here's the latest response from them TODAY:

"Thank you for your message regarding your mobile banking app. I hope you are well and enjoying your day.

I have checked into this for you and I can confirm that we are aware of problems incurred with the Huawei 9 when downloading the mobile banking app.

I can totally appreciate the inconvenience this is causing to you however rest assured this is under urgent investigation but at present I would not be able to advise of a timescale of when this will be fixed for you. Our team are working as fast as possible to have this resolved. "

So in other words "don't hold your breath". I still love this phone (no intention of getting an S8) - this is the only fly in the ointment for me. When (if!?) it gets fixed I will update this thread.

maka12

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just in case anyone else is looking for some info I thought I'd update this thread with the latest situation.

Unfortunately it's not good news - a very poor show from Barclays - this STILL isn't working. I've complained again (lost count how many times I've done so now) - here's the latest response from them TODAY:

"Thank you for your message regarding your mobile banking app. I hope you are well and enjoying your day.

I have checked into this for you and I can confirm that we are aware of problems incurred with the Huawei 9 when downloading the mobile banking app.

I can totally appreciate the inconvenience this is causing to you however rest assured this is under urgent investigation but at present I would not be able to advise of a timescale of when this will be fixed for you. Our team are working as fast as possible to have this resolved. "

So in other words "don't hold your breath". I still love this phone (no intention of getting an S8) - this is the only fly in the ointment for me. When (if!?) it gets fixed I will update this thread.

I spoke to the manager of the mobile app dept on Friday he tells me they are not working on a fix at the moment as it's low priority as there is few users with huawei phones. Another strange thing he said was that they only recommend apple and Samsung phones for there app.
I have 2 business accounts and 1 personal so this is causing me a massive problem. The only fix for me is to open another account with a different bank. Anyone know another online bank that works??
Thanks

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Whilst hearing that does not really surprise me, it does depress me. I don't think I'm prepared to go to the extreme of changing bank though.

Ironically I've just installed it on a spare Windows phone (that I keep for the odd bit of Xbox live mobile gaming) and it works perfectly! Still a pain in the arse to carry a second phone around with me but much better than having to use a PC and the pinsentry thing to manage my money.

Presumably there are more Windows phone users still around than Huaweii Android ones???

charmz2k2

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
For anyone having this issue, post it on their Facebook pages..
Its been 4 months since I purchased my mate 9 and haven't been able to use their apps. Others have not been able to use for over 6 months.
I saw one post and the response was that it is just a momentary issue. What rubbish!! 6 months is not a momentary issue!!
Please, if everyone who has a Huawei and is unable to open the Barclays and Barclaycard apps posts then they will have to do something.
The link to their page is
https://www.facebook.com/BarclaysUK/

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Good idea... have done just that and think I will do it every few days just to **** them off and hopefully they'll do something!

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well they just responded with this corker in response to my complaint...

"I absolutely appreciate why you feel this way; I’d feel the same in your position.

I’m afraid I don’t have an update regarding timescales as yet."

With customer service like that I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just bite the bullet and go elsewhere!

charmz2k2

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I've been adding my response to pretty much everyone who has posted the question.
It's all very well saying "we're fixing it" but the LG issue was sorted in less than 2 months... Why is Huawei taking more than 6??

charmz2k2

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
What is more frustrating is that LG had the same issue as us for a couple of months and it was fixed as a matter of urgency in... A couple of months!!
We are now stuck for over 6 months!

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Finally some good news to report - today's update to the My Barclaycard app fixes the crashing issue! :D

Only taken them 6 months but at least it works now! No sign of an update to the banking app but hopefully it won't be far behind...

stefano tuveri1

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
Hey,

I have exactly the same issue on a huawei mate 8 with android 7. Barclays app stoped working after the upgrade...

Thinking to raise a complain, happy to hear ur thoughts

Cheers

stylon69

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hope it stays working longer than the Barclaycard app did. They pushed out an other update to that a couple of days later that broke it again. Luckily I read the comments beforehand and was able to skip that 'update'. Still, doesn't instil me with much confidence in them knowing what they're doing! :(

satyp

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Did anyone manage to get an update with this from Barclays yet or know of a workable workaround? didn't have any joy with the .apk option unfortunately..

Thanks

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
New phone a couple of weeks ago, downloaded and set up Barclays app this morning, everything appears to be working ok. Am on B181.

j4lopezgmailcom

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the problem with my Lenovo S60 and Lenovo A2 tablet. The tab can't even install it. Anyway, I installed the app from the link you pasted, it installed, I set up my account, but instead of logging me in it said I should upgrade the app and wouldn't go any further. Any more ideas?

JorgeRO

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody.

The same problem as you. Bought a new tablet just yesterday and I can't use barclays app on it. It works with the .apk but then it asks me to upgrade from the playstore.

So...?