Lock Screen Notifications.

datafiend

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

For the life of me I can't get notifications to show up my lock screen. I have tried enabling it in settings but no dice. Even when I put down the notification bar on the lock screen it is still empty. Any help would be appreciated as this is getting a bit annoying.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

For the life of me I can't get notifications to show up my lock screen. I have tried enabling it in settings but no dice. Even when I put down the notification bar on the lock screen it is still empty. Any help would be appreciated as this is getting a bit annoying.

Once you enable it, you have to go into app settings and enable it in each app you want to show on the lock screen. It's a bit annoying. It should be the other way around where you disable the ones you don't want to show.

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Once you enable it, you have to go into app settings and enable it in each app you want to show on the lock screen. It's a bit annoying. It should be the other way around where you disable the ones you don't want to show.

Yeah, to get it to work like other phones with 7.x, I activated lock screen notifications, then literally activated all individual apps to everything (I know, cumbersome), now when I get a notification I don't like, I can use the "Slide notification slightly left to show notification setting", and then adjust accordingly.

datafiend

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Tyvm guys. Would you all happen to know if there is any way to show all items that are currently in notification bar on my lock screen and not just newly received/unread items? I like to have access to my Play Music and Pocket Cast notification widgets all times.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Weird. When i play music via google music, the controls and music card shows up on my lock screen and have full control to pause, forward, rewind, etc right on my lock screen without having to unlock. See screenshot. I do have the google play music widget on my home screen. Maybe that allows it to be on the lock screen as well?

Screenshot_20170126-084922.jpg

I have the US version.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I am able to control play music on my lock screen. Just press the power button when playing music and it should be there.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Weird. When i play music via google music, the controls and music card shows up on my lock screen and have full control to pause, forward, rewind, etc right on my lock screen without having to unlock. See screenshot. I do have the google play music widget on my home screen. Maybe that allows it to be on the lock screen as well?

View attachment 250966

I have the US version.

I don't have the widget and I still have what you have. US version as well

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled Google Music and reinstalled and it works. I can now see the application on the home screen. Weird.

Glad you called out it works. Thanks!!