mate 9 vs HTC 10

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using an HTC 10 but I've been thinking about the I don't know if it's an upgrade or side grade buying the mate 9... has anyone gone from the htc10 to the m9 and how is the external speaker comparable and the headphone?
If anybody switch from the 10 to the 9 and you can share some of their thoughts that would be great that would help me decide whether I should or not thanks.

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey bro, this was my path exactly although I went from htc 10 to mate 9 pro rather than normal mate 9.

It all comes down to how often you listen to headphones, as the headphones output (loudness, bass delivery, power) is definitely not in the same ballpark as the 10. Having said that, it's decent sound but nothing to brag about. The speaker set up on the mate however is very similar in function and quality (maybe even a tad better). Lastly on sound, I find the Bluetooth sound output is also a bit lacking but that could just be a placebo affect from the difference in headphone sound.

Having said that, everything else is an upgrade: battery life, the screen on the pro is better, camera, speed of the device granted the 10 is no slouch either, software is ugly and needs a launcher/icon pack lol but software functionality is on point for the most part--emui5 finally adds to the Android experience rather than takes away. But yeah, despite the headphone sound it is an upgrade in every other way in my opinion. The only think I'm stuck on is trying to figure out how to get Spotify on the lockscreen while music is playing. It can be done via app but I'm trying to figure it out natively 🤔 Feel free to ask any questions though bro!

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey... Thanks so much for taking the time to write your experience... I kind of figured/guessed it was upgrade in every area but maybe not the audio... Thanks for confirming my thoughts on that. Audio quality is important to me, but I got to say the screen/battery life/camera is looking pretty nice on the Mate 9.. So why did you get the pro? Because the screen has a higher resolution or the smaller form factor? OK maybe I need to check out the pro?

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, I have small hands so I went for the smaller form factor... The screen weighed into it a little bit, but for the same price as the normal mate, I got the pro 128gb 6gb ram... It just made sense! The normal made was a tad bit on the large side but I would have been happy with it if the pro wasn't an option :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlsellers1959