Just great!!! Grrr. Mate 9 won't handle Arizona time zone automatically

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable.:mad:

I couldn't figure out why my calendar app was jumping ahead an hour in March when I live in Arizona. We don't "celebrate" the annoying daylight savings event. I had the phone set to automatic time zone. For some reason, it picks MST with daylight savings time. I have to manually change it to Phoenix. Yeah - not a huge deal but I do travel so I'll have to remember to turn it back on.

Anyone know of a fix?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Its not just the Mate 9 but actually alot of android devices. Its something Google needs to address. I lived in Tucson and dealt with the same issue. It also wont adjust in Puerto Rico which I found out the hard way. I believe it happens in Hawaii as well. As far as Ive seen, theres no fix and like I said its widespread across many devices including Samsung, Motorola, etc...

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Its not just the Mate 9 but actually alot of android devices. Its something Google needs to address. I lived in Tucson and dealt with the same issue. It also wont adjust in Puerto Rico which I found out the hard way. I believe it happens in Hawaii as well. As far as Ive seen, theres no fix and like I said its widespread across many devices including Samsung, Motorola, etc...

I experienced it years ago but have been through several devices now that handled it just fine - Samsung, LG and Nexus (pure Android). I lean toward it being the device since I was able to change it with a device setting and Nexus doens't have a problem with it. Why do you think it's Google? Because you are still seeing it on newer devices? (not doubting you, really want to know)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Just too expand on this a sec. I took 4 phones with me to Puerto Rico last week. S7 Edge, Axon 7, Moto X Pure and iPhone 6s plus. I did so intentionally to text the cameras, cellular connections and battery life and decide what to sell. Where I stay has horrible phone service so I decided to try 3 carriers on multiple devices. The only device that adjusted for the time zone was the iPhone. When I was living in Tucson I had the exact same issues as you with Samsung phones primarily. Its hit or miss honestly and very annoying. Maybe its the manufacturer software or maybe its a flaw in the Android OS. One things for sure though, it sucks and is a widespread issue.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that. It must be hit or miss but it's weird it hits the Samsung flagship. Maybe the rest of the country should just wake up and dump DST.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that. It must be hit or miss but it's weird it hits the Samsung flagship. Maybe the rest of the country should just wake up and dump DST.
Imagine if you lived in st John's canada where the difference is a half hour lol. That's a complete mess. But yes DST is ridiculous. I live in Michigan now and because of DST, I don't see the sunlight during the week for 4 months. When I go to work it's dark and when I leave work it's dark. Add in the overcast skies for 5 months and it's miserable. We are counting down the days till spring forward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance