"Camera currently recording audio...." notification - How do I stop it?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this pop up notification when I use my camera for video (also when I use the Ring app which also uses the microphone). I didn't get it in the past. What part of Google did I change that is causing this? Anyone know?

The annoying part is that it will pop up repeatedly and I have to dismiss it to do anything with the underlying app.

Screenshot_20170302-195414.jpg

(fyi - I just aimed the camera at my jeans for that picture)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
OK Google is set to detect from any screen. You'll have to turn. That off and set it to only detect in the app since the camera is taking over the microphone.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
OK Google is set to detect from any screen. You'll have to turn. That off and set it to only detect in the app since the camera is taking over the microphone.

This is strange because I could swear it didn't appear before I reset the phone but it's quite possible I didn't have detect OK Google on from any screen. Hmm... have to weigh convenience against annoyance now.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
This is strange because I could swear it didn't appear before I reset the phone but it's quite possible I didn't have detect OK Google on from any screen. Hmm... have to weigh convenience against annoyance now.
I find it just as easy to hold the home button and say it honestly

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah! That is a good compromise! Perfect. Thanks!
No problem. I'm learning when you buy unlocked phones from someone other than the Samsung's, lg etc there's a few quirks here and there. So far on this one I haven't found anything too drastic that makes me want to go back to those other brands...Yet.

anon(8547461)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I think the Google Assistant update fixes the issue. On a lark I re-enabled "Ok Google From Any Screen" and I've yet to run into the issue with any of the apps I used before. Give it a whirl and report back.

Yancy

anon(8547461)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Awww... I just got to this post and was imagining being able to talk to my phone again without pressing a button.

Silly Huawei.

I don't think it's Huawei, I think it's a program related issue. I had one oddball issue appear out of the blue. I started using Duo and thought I had disable Ok Google On Any Screen, and got the microphne nag. Went inside Assistant and physically disabled it backed out, went back in again, and once again it was enabled. Disabled, then went into the Google app and double-checked the "Google Now" Ok Google settings... sure enough it was auto-enabled and there was now way to turn it off. The only resolution was to delete my voice learning. Then I could disable the setting fully.

I'm wondering if the Assistant and the Google app (which is part of the phone's base installation packet... there's no way to remove it) and are both fighting to use the mic. Just odd to say the least.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just started getting that same popup when use the Sound Meter tool.

I think it's anything that tries to grab the microphone. For some reason, it wants to tell you that you can't say "OK Google" while you are using the microphone for something else. Clearly it wasn't planned because it's all in program mishmash rather than a friendly notification using layman's vocabulary.

anon(8547461)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure this is an Goggle Assistant/Google Now software issue. If you go to Google's Assistant forums there are a lot of devices reporting similar problems. Some Samsung S6 users have been reporting the mic refuses to shut off and keeps recording audio, other Samsung users are reporting they cannot open apps because Ok Google is in use.

ELsemary

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I have that error too .
It start when I start use OK Google .
Any app use sound like camera or call recorder this message appears and stop it . It stop recording vedio and calls .
Go to :
Setting } Apps } Google } Permission } deactivate Microphone .
So that will deny Google app from using Microphone and this message will stop appear .

anon(8547461)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I have that error too .
It start when I start use OK Google .
Any app use sound like camera or call recorder this message appears and stop it . It stop recording vedio and calls .
Go to :
Setting } Apps } Google } Permission } deactivate Microphone .
So that will deny Google app from using Microphone and this message will stop appear .

But that kind of defeats the purpose of having Google Assistant... the hands free aspect of it.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So other than disabling microphone use for ok Google is there any other way to stop this pop up message from appearing in every app that uses the microphone?

Anyone know if formal bug reports have been filed with Huawei?

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
So other than disabling microphone use for ok Google is there any other way to stop this pop up message from appearing in every app that uses the microphone?

This is what I want to know. I initiated a Duo call last night and got the pop-up. Even after dismissing it, it still kept popping up. It was extremely annoying. There was a connection issue and, somewhat surprisingly, when the other party called me back, I did not get the pop-up.

Anyway, I hope someone figured out what's going on.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I think this is a Android 7 software problem not Huawei....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22