Who has the Mate 9 PRO Who has the Mate 9 Pro

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
What has been your experience so far. Received any software Updates? Thinking of getting one and looking owner's experiences.

Last edited:

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What has been your experience so far. Received any software Updates? Thinking of getting one and looking owner's experiences.

I had one but sold it. I couldn't​ figure out how to update it without having to root it. On XDA forums, it said it has some kind of region restrictions for update. I Love the phone, I was just disappointed about not being able to update.

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I have it, and love it... Hard to find a flaw with it... I'm using it in Australia but bought it from ebay (c636 model).

As far as updates go, I just recently updated to the latest version by using Huawei firmware finder which is an app in the playstore.

Unless you're expecting regular updates such as the pixel/nexus line up, I wouldn't let that deter you from buying the phone. Feel free to ask any questions!

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I have it, and love it... Hard to find a flaw with it... I'm using it in Australia but bought it from ebay (c636 model).

As far as updates go, I just recently updated to the latest version by using Huawei firmware finder which is an app in the playstore.

Unless you're expecting regular updates such as the pixel/nexus line up, I wouldn't let that deter you from buying the phone. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks for the info. I have a Mate 9 and if the software on the Pro is as good that will satisfy me. FedEx has it on their truck for delivery today. Got a one year warranty from the seller on Amazon. Total cost was $705

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I had one, sold it and got the white Mate 9. In my opinion, the regular Mate 9 is better, it's faster, feels better in the hand, I prefer the finger print reader on the back, and that Samsung look bugged the hell out of me. If I wanted a Samsung, I would of got a Samsung.

terellw

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Hahaha I hear you about the Samsung look... I didn't notice that until after I got it and someone commented. I think I was too distracted by the under-the-hood specs of it all to care :)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
If you are NOT in USA the P10 Plus is worth a look, just came out.

Huawei has admitted the various models are had to distinguish between even when buying. And sellers on various sites seem ... questionable.

Mate 9 is excellent. Tad on heavy side if you hold it for long periods.

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are NOT in USA the P10 Plus is worth a look, just came out.

Huawei has admitted the various models are had to distinguish between even when buying. And sellers on various sites seem ... questionable.

Mate 9 is excellent. Tad on heavy side if you hold it for long periods.

Just noticed it! It has a tad smaller battery, and its 150 $ more expensive. Thanks for the advice, but i think i'll go with the mate 9 pro

Marsh Gelbart

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I now have both the Mate 9 and Mate 9 Pro after selling off a selection of older HTC and Samsung Mobiles.

Like them both very much. Prefer the Pro, simply as it is smaller and handier. Aesthetically the Pro is better. However, although the Pro generally has a better screen, the 9's screen is a little easier to see in bright sunlight. It is subjective, but I think the speaker on the 9 is a tiny bit better as well.

Generally really impressed by build quality and software of both phones. Wish the software updates in the UK were more timely though.

Cheers

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I now have both the Mate 9 and Mate 9 Pro after selling off a selection of older HTC and Samsung Mobiles.

Like them both very much. Prefer the Pro, simply as it is smaller and handier. Aesthetically the Pro is better. However, although the Pro generally has a better screen, the 9's screen is a little easier to see in bright sunlight. It is subjective, but I think the speaker on the 9 is a tiny bit better as well.

Generally really impressed by build quality and software of both phones. Wish the software updates in the UK were more timely though.

Cheers

Hi Marsh.

Above i wrote that i was thinking about getting it. Your review just pushed me over the "edge" (get it? I have a samsung s7 edge)

I will buy the mate 9 pro!

Marsh Gelbart

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Marsh.

Above i wrote that i was thinking about getting it. Your review just pushed me over the "edge" (get it? I have a samsung s7 edge)

I will buy the mate 9 pro!

Hi,
I had the Samsung S6 edge plus.
The Mate 9 Pro has better telephony, build quality, just about better everything. The only factor that the Samsung was better at was sunlight legibility.
One thing to keep in mind, is if the pro is officially on sale in your country. It isn't in the UK and I took a gamble buying on Ebay

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I had the Samsung S6 edge plus.
The Mate 9 Pro has better telephony, build quality, just about better everything. The only factor that the Samsung was better at was sunlight legibility.
One thing to keep in mind, is if the pro is officially on sale in your country. It isn't in the UK and I took a gamble buying on Ebay

Fortunatly it is! I live in Denmark, and its one of the few countries that have it on sale (think acutally its on sale in Scandinavia in general)