Smaller battery to reduce weight

A

AC Question

I'm interested in a Huawei Mate 9, but I'm discouraged by the lsrge weight of the device. I assume much of its weight comes from the massive 4000mAh battery.
My lifestyle is such that I'm never more than 2 hours away from a charger. So I would give up battery life against less weight.
Is any vendor producing lighter batteries? I checked the usual suspects (Ebay, AliExpress) but they still falling over competing on capacity.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
How would you propose replacing the non removable battery with another one? I'm sorry but my guess is you're in the minority - most people want all the battery life you can get. My recommendation would be to get a smaller and lighter phone. Probably a heck of a lot easier.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
It's also the aluminum. If you use this phone for a day you will notice the weight any more. What are you used to using?

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mate 9 and a LG V20. Granted the screen size on the V20 is a little smaller, but it's a much lighter phone (smaller battery also, but removable). Ever since I got the V20 (around a month ago), it's been my daily driver. The Mate 9 is heavy, no question about it and even after months of using it, to me, it's still a heavy phone.
The M9 is a great phone, I'm not really dissing it, just addressing the OP comments regarding weight and a possible atternative. For the record I also have a P9, so I'm not anti Huawei :)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a Mate 9 and a LG V20. Granted the screen size on the V20 is a little smaller, but it's a much lighter phone (smaller battery also, but removable). Ever since I got the V20 (around a month ago), it's been my daily driver. The Mate 9 is heavy, no question about it and even after months of using it, to me, it's still a heavy phone.
The M9 is a great phone, I'm not really dissing it, just addressing the OP comments regarding weight and a possible atternative. For the record I also have a P9, so I'm not anti Huawei :)
Ive been seriously considering the v20 since T-Mobile dropped the price to 480. The only thing stopping me is its body is almost identical to the mate 9 and Im looking for something a little easier to handle with one hand. I think Im going to hold out for the G6 in a couple weeks but that V20 is very tempting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power