TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Just got it.
365741a14f16aae6e2952d4f3d65c7ae.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I dont have a google home or amazon echo so can someone tell me what alexa does that google assistant doesnt? Seems kinda silly to open an app when I can just hold the home button.

10x zoom is part of this update as well. And for the first time I didnt get a "dropzone" popup when allowing permissions. Wonder what else has been included.

Edit: the ok google detection popup in the camera is gone! Still no ok google when the screens off.

Last edited by a moderator:

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
There was some talk on Reddit of "battery optimizations" as well. Other than Alexa, the 10x zoom and possibly battery stuff, I have not seen talk of other changes.
The big one is the "ok google" bug imo. Thats awesome they finally fixed it. Also this has the March security update.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I dont have a google home or amazon echo so can someone tell me what alexa does that google assistant doesnt? Seems kinda silly to open an app when I can just hold the home button.

Although I'm happy to have this, it is redundant because I already have Google assistant and a Google home. If I have to hit a button to activate I will never use. However, I believe I will be able to use if I want to order via voice through Amazon, something you cannot do with Google assistant. I'm sure there are a few other things possible but not much.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Although I'm happy to have this, it is redundant because I already have Google assistant and a Google home. If I have to hit a button to activate I will never use. However, I believe I will be able to use if I want to order via voice through Amazon, something you cannot do with Google assistant. I'm sure there are a few other things possible but not much.
Yeah I just put it in a hidden folder. I opened it, hit the blue button amd asked to set a timer and she said she couldnt. Thatll be the first and last time I open the app lol. Im more happy for the bug fixes.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just put it in a hidden folder. I opened it, hit the blue button amd asked to set a timer and she said she couldnt. Thatll be the first and last time I open the app lol. Im more happy for the bug fixes.

This, Alexa failed to do anything I asked out of the box. Cross checked with Google assistant and the difference was laughable.

Drew Oswalt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Anything I asked "Alexa" resulted in the phone vibrating and nothing else.

Open my amazon shopping list
Set an alarm
Why is the sky blue
Order a pizza
Open Google assistant (just to see what happens. Also asked Google to open Alexa. It just showed a link to DL it.)

anon(632186)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
When I activate Alexa it just makes the pleasant beep but doesn't answer any of my questions. Anyone else having this issue? Like not even a response.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Tried setting Alexa up on my Mate 9.
Guess I'm clueless Alexa doesn't do anything except not understand what I want.

I give...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith