Anybody going to drop the Mate 9?

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well count me in. I loved the mate 9 for sure. But the g6 for the best of me. I returned my mate 9. G6 is amazing although the Mate 9 was also.
I have both as well but thrush be told, the Mate 9's battery life spoiled me. The G6 has not impressed me in that department.

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the S7 great phone but been using my mate 9 all the time, great battery life and to be honest it just seems so much faster then the S7, also after the nugget update on the S7 I noticed the phone kept on dimming a lot, I see some people don't like the ram magement on the mate 9 that can be turned off with ease never had an problem once it was turned off, for now I will stay with my mate 9 it gets the job done and as for the s8 not wroth the money.

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
If the S8 were to have an 4000amp battery I would buy it just like that until an phone ones out with an battery this good and fast cpu I stay with mate 9

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Like it has been mentioned by others the battery life spoils me i can see my next phone as the mate 10 if Huawei continues the same philosophy.

Joseph Guy1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Funny thing is my other 2 friends with an s7 turned down the screens to 1080p for better battery life and neither of them noticed too much an difference between 2k and 1080p

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing is my other 2 friends with an s7 turned down the screens to 1080p for better battery life and neither of them noticed too much an difference between 2k and 1080p
Only pixel police will try and make an issue about it. I came from Nexus 6P and I can't tell the difference

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Mate 9 just went on Craigslist for $450 with all the cases and extras I got. It'll be going on Ebay tomorrow. Probably going to regret my decision. Ill be paying close attention to this forum because if they release some spectacular update I may just come back lol.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Mate 9 just went on Craigslist for $450 with all the cases and extras I got. It'll be going on Ebay tomorrow. Probably going to regret my decision. Ill be paying close attention to this forum because if they release some spectacular update I may just come back lol.

Why are you getting rid of it and what are you moving to?

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I originally intended the Mate 9 to be a transition device while waiting for the S8. But the Mate 9 has been a very pleasant surprise. Battery life, camera, and just overall performance are making me seriously reconsider that. May keep the Mate 9 for bit longer now.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Mate 9 proved to be the best phone i ever had, easily outdo the S7E, which was good phone nonetheless.

S8 will have awful battery life and DVFS is still there, to date, the Mate 9 is the only phone i don't need to root in order to play Tekken 6 in 60fps via ppsspp, it doesn't throttle on bit, where the S7E couldn't play it smooth at all...

Note 8 might swing me a bit, but honestly all those flagships are overpriced if, I'm waiting for a phone with high-quality DAC, huge battery, 6.0+screen, IP68, wireless charging and some other cool features, bascially Mate 10 maybe :)

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well... I decided to buy the S8+ and the LG G6. I'll have these two and the Mate 9, use them all for a while and ultimately sell two leaving me with the "victor." It's stupid money to spend (I know, first world problem...) but I'm anxious to see which one I like the most and suits me the best. Honestly, I think if the Mate 9 were IP68 rated and had a camera as good as the Pixel, S7 or what it appears the G6 has, I'd probably stick with it. And I know, I know, many of you like the camera on the Mate - it's good but just not as good as the Pixel. That battery life on the Mate 9 though is simply incredible. Man... Choices.....

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the lack of tap to wake, or an always on display option. EMUI is just different enough to not appeal to me. Incredibly awesome fingerprint scanner but I don't like it on the back. If you're putting buttons on the back, do so as LG did for years - that I liked.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Well... I decided to buy the S8+ and the LG G6. I'll have these two and the Mate 9, use them all for a while and ultimately sell two leaving me with the "victor." It's stupid money to spend (I know, first world problem...) but I'm anxious to see which one I like the most and suits me the best. Honestly, I think if the Mate 9 were IP68 rated and had a camera as good as the Pixel, S7 or what it appears the G6 has, I'd probably stick with it. And I know, I know, many of you like the camera on the Mate - it's good but just not as good as the Pixel. That battery life on the Mate 9 though is simply incredible. Man... Choices.....

I am doing the same, although I will probably keep two. I like to have a backup and some variety. The Mate 9 is a great device. I am impressed so far with the G6, although the smaller screen takes some getting used to. I am excited about the S8+, but worry about the fingerprint scanner location and battery life.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I just pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus on JUMP ON DEMAND. Will probably use it for a few months, then go back to my Mate 9 and wait for the Note 8.