Anybody going to drop the Mate 9?

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Only phone I'm dropping my Mate 9 for will be the Mate 10 and only then if it really brings a lot to the table. In my opinion, the Huawei Mate 9 is still one of the best if not the best phone out right now.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Only phone I'm dropping my Mate 9 for will be the Mate 10 and only then if it really brings a lot to the table. In my opinion, the Huawei Mate 9 is still one of the best if not the best phone out right now.

I just hope they don't move the fingerprint scanner on the Mate 10 to the front like they did on the P10.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
After pre-ordering when the S8 plus pre-orders started I have decided to cancel it and keep the Mate 9. Couldn't really justify the purchase and for what I have in the Mate 9, especially in the battery life department, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Probably one of the best phones I have had in a very long time.

I just don't see more than a couple reasons why I should get the S8 plus over this phone. Not to mention I am really not a fan of the curved edges as I just had a real difficult time when I owned the S7 Edge with accidental touches. Glad I made the decision to stay. I feel I would have regretted it as soon as I made the switch.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
After pre-ordering when the S8 plus pre-orders started I have decided to cancel it and keep the Mate 9. Couldn't really justify the purchase and for what I have in the Mate 9, especially in the battery life department, I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Probably one of the best phones I have had in a very long time.

I just don't see more than a couple reasons why I should get the S8 plus over this phone. Not to mention I am really not a fan of the curved edges as I just had a real difficult time when I owned the S7 Edge with accidental touches. Glad I made the decision to stay. I feel I would have regretted it as soon as I made the switch.

I think you made the smart choice. I went to Best buy to try and the S8 and while it's a nice looking phone, I felt like this had nothing that I don't get in my Mate 9. I have the white Mate 9 and I feel at the end of the day, my Mate 9 looks better than the S8, I just really like everything about this phone.

thethruth34

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey just a quick question , I'm looking at getting the mocha brown mate 9 which is the international version color. Will it come with a US Huawei wall supercharger? Did your white one come with one?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm switching. To S8+. Too many times a photo won't delete, swiping to next photo frozen. Click to open app icon only to be taken to another home screen page.

Just adds up.

I think one reason fingerprint recognition is fast is, it isn't really all that accurate. Wonder if my eye surgery affect Iris scanner?

S8+ is lighter, so that's nice. The Mate 9 is a bit wide. I wanted that at the time to help typing but... and S8 might be just too narrow. Going to VZW this Friday.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I buy a lot of phones. I don't want to sound like a hater but the Pixel and S7 cameras are better than the Mate 9. The Pixel camera is just flat out amazing. I just wanted a larger screen and better battery than what the Pixel offered. The Mate 9 was the answer.

He found the camera better on the Mate 9 and you found the camera better on the Pixel and S7. You're not sounding like a later because your opinion and results are no more relevant than his. Each one has his own criteria for what is "best."

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
With all the new flagship phones coming out. Are any of you going to jump ship and move away from the Mate 9? For me the newest Samsung phone(s) look interesting...

No because my cellphone meets my needs. Once that's no longer the case or my device begins to fail, then I'll look for another device.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried the g6 and liked it but went back to the mate 9. The battery speakers and camera are the best. Yes the camera.. I have owened more phones than I can count and this and the iPhone 7 plus have netted me my best pics. I currently have this a s7(work phone) and a v20. While all are very good this one is my go to. Top off the amazing battery life and loud speakers and we have a winner. I just wish that speck made a case for it.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I am still loving and came back to the Mate 9 after the V20, Pixel. I also have a G6, but I prefer the Mate 9's display and battery life.

I tried the g6 and liked it but went back to the mate 9. The battery speakers and camera are the best. Yes the camera.. I have owened more phones than I can count and this and the iPhone 7 plus have netted me my best pics. I currently have this a s7(work phone) and a v20. While all are very good this one is my go to. Top off the amazing battery life and loud speakers and we have a winner. I just wish that speck made a case for it.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the S8+, honestly, I prefer the Mate 9. I find it more comfortable on the hand and sturdier. I prefer the Mate's width vs the S8+ elongated body. The edges on the S8+ make it feel fragile. The FPS on the Mate 9 is way faster than any offering the S8+ has. The camera... the Mate 9 is faster and just as good for my needs. The S8+ might have the edge in video recording though. The battery is good on both phones, I haven't tested it but I'm happy with both phones batter life. I think the Mate 9 is faster as well. I don't play games so I can't measure which one is faster for games. The speakers are louder on the Mate 9. The only thing the S8+ has over the Mate 9 might be it's waterproofing.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Well i dropped my mate 9(pun intended) LOL yesterday and shatter the screen from my hoodie pocket, I was so annoyed, still am.
Now I am back with the Nexus 6P until Huawei replace the screen for me, and I now truly appreciate the Mate 9, its superior in every way to the nexus 6p.

Last edited:

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
My Mate 9 is just an awesome phone. As fast as any phone on the market. Big, beautiful screen, great camera, IR blaster, expandable SD memory, speakers are nice and loud, unbeatable battery life, and to top it off it's several hundred dollars less expensive than other flagships. Getting new phones several times a year is way too expensive - I'm keeping my Mate 9 for a while. It takes everything I can possibly throw at it with very heavy multitasking - and it never breaks a sweat.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I've sold my Mate 9 and switched to the S8+, but it wasn't an easy decision. Ultimately I just love Samsung's AMOLED displays. I use some of the features it has that other phones don't have. But the Mate 9 is still awesome and definitely one of the best phones on the market. Quickest phone I've used.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
i went back to the oneplus 3t. I loved the mate 9 and enjoyed it better than the 3t but the software had some quirks. Hulu didn't work unless you called and have them switch the player which makes the quality worse. I use the mate 9 a lot of videos but it wasn't a deal breaker.

the real deal breaker was location services worked 50/50 and it was annoying trying to do a quick search for a store and kept being told to turn location services on. I have none of these issues work the 3t. if they fix this for the mate 10 I'll definitely buy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc