Video playback issue with videos I've taken on phone

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I got the Mate 9 last week. This weekend I captured great quality regular 1080P video (see setting screenshot) of my daughter figure skating. I'm thrilled with how it came out. But for some reason when I play it back regardless of whether that's in the Gallery app or in Google Photos, it freezes around 17s in and only audio continues.

If I force it past 17s, I can watch a bit more before it happens again. Same thing with other videos.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tamir

Attachments

• 3142.jpg
    3142.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 10

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Both Google Photos and the Gallery app are primarily focused on photos, with video playback being a more incidental feature. Try installing either 'MX Player' or 'VLC' and see if you're able to view your videos properly. Both are very capable multimedia viewers. (I've been using both and currently prefer MX Player because its Settings menu has a lot more customizing and optimizing options. But either one can handle a wide range of file formats and both have nice user interfaces.)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en&token=ULHjcsbx
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=org.videolan.vlc&hl=en&token=aQrtDjTJ

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Oh and just a reminder, be sure to back up those videos. In Google Photos, confirm in Settings >> Backup & sync that the 'Videos' option is enabled so they also get backed up into your online Google account. If you don't have a decent online connection that will most likely take a while as high res video can be quite sizable so if bandwidth is an issue than at least be sure to manually back them up -- preferably to a computer but at least to a microSD card if you've added one to your Mate 9.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh and just a reminder, be sure to back up those videos. In Google Photos, confirm in Settings >> Backup & sync that the 'Videos' option is enabled so they also get backed up into your online Google account. If you don't have a decent online connection that will most likely take a while as high res video can be quite sizable so if bandwidth is an issue than at least be sure to manually back them up -- preferably to a computer but at least to a microSD card if you've added one to your Mate 9.

Thanks a lot. I checked on a regular computer and it played fine from Google Photos, so I've now downloaded VLC player and it is working. I have to admit this is the first phone where I've had to download this. But at least I have a way to do it. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech