A few reasons why I keep coming back to the Mate 9

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the Mate 9 back in Feb and used it as a daily driver for a while and switched to a pixel XL, and LG G6. Ultimately I came back to the Mate 9 for a few specific reasons that are important to me.

1. Radio - it's incredibly strong. It's typically 4-10 db better than my G6 in the same location. I haven't found a phone that I have used that's better. I have been carrying both the G6 and Mate 9 lately and in areas the G6 has no signal the Mate 9 does.

2. Battery life. It's just that good.

3. Screen. It's incredibly bright. Do I care it's not a 2k display? Nope. I love this display even compared to the AMOLED Pixel.

4. Camera. Specifically the black and white sensor. It's wonderful and can capture detail that is very pleasing to me. Overall the camera is not as good as the G6 or Pixel though just to be clear.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I agree, I've not found a better phone than my Mate 9 in my opinion. It does everything I want a phone to do and does it perfect.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the S8 Plus and I too prefer the Mate 9. The only thing I wish the Mate 9 had that it doesn't that the S8 has, is the always on display and maybe it being water proof.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've got to pick up the mate 9 soon. I keep saying I'm going to do it but loving my honor 8 so much has kind of made it difficult to pull the trigger. Reading these posts though makes me want to order one tonight. Very tempting.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Went to see s8 plus and toyed with it, the Mate 9 looks like a behemoth next to it, which ia good, mate has much more surface area and i prefer it over s8, as i had the s7 edge, battery life, 4G connectivity and unthrottled performance are top notch on the mate 9.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the Mate 9 back in Feb and used it as a daily driver for a while and switched to a pixel XL, and LG G6. Ultimately I came back to the Mate 9 for a few specific reasons that are important to me.

1. Radio - it's incredibly strong. It's typically 4-10 db better than my G6 in the same location. I haven't found a phone that I have used that's better. I have been carrying both the G6 and Mate 9 lately and in areas the G6 has no signal the Mate 9 does.

2. Battery life. It's just that good.

3. Screen. It's incredibly bright. Do I care it's not a 2k display? Nope. I love this display even compared to the AMOLED Pixel.

4. Camera. Specifically the black and white sensor. It's wonderful and can capture detail that is very pleasing to me. Overall the camera is not as good as the G6 or Pixel though just to be clear.

I never left. Nothing those devices you listed are doing anything better than the Mate 9. Took 5 minutes with each of those devices to figure that out. The Note 8 might be another story. I'll check that out once it drops.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with you
since I got my mate 9 I also tried
Galaxy S8
Asus Zenfone 3
HTC U11
LG G6

None have beat out the Mate 9 in the overall package. The speed of the phone, the quality of the build, the size of the screen...
The size of the battery--no 3000 mah--they stuck with 4000 and you get the full benefit of that battery life.
And despite no media hype, the speakers on the Mate 9 are LOUDER than the HTC U11
I should really keep this mate 9, until the mate 10 comes out of course!

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I find that with its size and weight, adding a case was too much. Love it bare. I was looking for it's twin but in 175-180 grams or less.

Spoiled 😸🙏

Dhiraj Varma

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I think the camera is only topped by the iPhones rendition of the dual lens set up.... I have still to test a camera that matches it otherwise.... I have owned Samsung S6 s7 s7 edge tested the s8 too.... All lovely.... But the screen tech outweighs photo quality in my opinion the iPhone cameras in general are quite soft tuned for the California sun I have owned every single one since 3g up to iphone-7-plus. but the Leica on mate 9 produces photos accurate natural and fast with all the usual editing options on every phone plus a few extra ;)

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Mate 9 new and never looked back.
Just not seeing any or many reasons to move over to any other mobile phone right now.

The Mate 9 killed my desire to upgrade.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any issues with low light pics? I notice you get some great ones. I definitely notice a difference(compared to the Pixel, which isn't fair to be honest).

I bought the Mate 9 new and never looked back.
Just not seeing any or many reasons to move over to any other mobile phone right now.

The Mate 9 killed my desire to upgrade.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any issues with low light pics? I notice you get some great ones. I definitely notice a difference(compared to the Pixel, which isn't fair to be honest).

I do have a tough time with hand held low light. Sometimes we get lucky though. I'll normally try to use manual or support the phone to help in dim conditions.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
OnePlus 5 is out, not impressive at all, the Mate 9 is much better than it pretty much in every aspect, except maybe low light photography, which is the biggest issue with P10P and Mate 9.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I've got to pick up the mate 9 soon. I keep saying I'm going to do it but loving my honor 8 so much has kind of made it difficult to pull the trigger. Reading these posts though makes me want to order one tonight. Very tempting.

Thought you were an Apple man. MATE 9 IS GREAT

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool