8.4" 1440p

Migi2015

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Very disappointed learning that it comes only with Android 6.0 with no timeline as to when it gets Android 7.0 and micro-USB instead of USB-C. I am still searching for the perfect Android tablet to replace my Nexus 7(2013).

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Right there with you, but I decided to go ahead with the Mediapad M3. Who knows if/when another nexus tablet actually releases. It arrived yesterday. The size is right and build is good. I don't care for the UI, but I'm giving it a shot for a while before putting Action Launcher on it. Along with the micro-USB it does not fast charge either, which is also dissapointing, but through pretty steady use since yesterday, the battery has held up well and overnight it only dropped 1% with wifi, bluetoth and gps enabled and while receiving many notifications. Fingers crossed this works out for me, or Google surprises us with a Nexus 7 refresh(I'll sell this one and go back to Nexus if that happens, just because I am all about the (RIP)Nexus...)

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Very disappointed learning that it comes only with Android 6.0 with no timeline as to when it gets Android 7.0 and micro-USB instead of USB-C. I am still searching for the perfect Android tablet to replace my Nexus 7(2013).
I've also been looking for a replacement for my beloved Nexus 7 2013. I started with an Asus Zenpad S 8, but that UI was horrible, and battery life was poor. I've only had this Huawei MediaPad M3 for a day, but so far I'm really enjoying it. Battery life is much better, and the UI doesn't seem to be as over the top as the Asus. I think this'll be a keeper.

I'm fairly concerned with the micro USB. It's very difficult to get the cable plugged in. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've heard that this should get Nougat sometime in the 1st quarter of this year. We'll see...

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey to all,

I just received my medpad 3 yesterday. Before this arrived I'd been using an Asus Zenpad 8.0 S which was quite laggy when browsing the net. I wasn't bad but I have to say, this tablet is actually one of the best Android tablets on the market. I have an Honor 8 as my main phone and I actually searched for a celluar Medpad 3 which I was simply unable to find. Does anyone know if it's offered here in the US? I decided to grab the 64g that comes with the headphone ear pieces. The sound quality is very superior to all of my previous tablets big time. The screen resolution is very impressive too. I'm not seeing much of any major downfall to this tablet. I personally love EMUI 4.1 as it's quite unique and is a hybrid mixture of Android and Apple and the interface is seamless and very smooth. I loved my honor 8 so much that I knew this was the tablet for me. Anyone found any major flaws or weakness to this tablet? If so please let me know. I'm still getting mine set up and especially let me know if the celluar unit is available anywhere to order here in the US. I didn't see it on Amazon at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith