Change wallpaper on lock screen?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't figured out how to do this. Everywhere I go seems to lead to the main screen.

Loving this tablet in the 3 days I've had it. I stuck with the stock launcher for almost 36 hours, but have returned to my familiar Nova. Will try again if this gets Emotion UI 5.0. I understand that brings an app drawer back.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I haven't figured out how to do this. Everywhere I go seems to lead to the main screen.

Loving this tablet in the 3 days I've had it. I stuck with the stock launcher for almost 36 hours, but have returned to my familiar Nova. Will try again if this gets Emotion UI 5.0. I understand that brings an app drawer back.
Sorry no one replied to you man. I wanted to say congrats on a awesome tablet. What did you get, 32g or 64g? You should be able to set both lock screen and home screen or one of or the other. I've not tried it yet but I'm very familiar with 4.1 if you need any help. I have an Honor 8 and love EMUI 4.1. I encourage you to give it a shot again aand explore it. The interface is wonderful. I've not even thought once about using my paid version of Nova over 4.1. Anyways man, when you go to set your wallpaper there should be three dots. Hot those dots and then set as and then the options should show for you to choose either or both.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, you've convinced me to give it a shot again. Thanks for offering help!

I got the 32 GB version, but I currently have a 64 GB microSD card in it, and could go as high as 128, if i ever need it.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry no one replied to you man. I wanted to say congrats on a awesome tablet. What did you get, 32g or 64g? You should be able to set both lock screen and home screen or one of or the other. I've not tried it yet but I'm very familiar with 4.1 if you need any help. I have an Honor 8 and love EMUI 4.1. I encourage you to give it a shot again aand explore it. The interface is wonderful. I've not even thought once about using my paid version of Nova over 4.1. Anyways man, when you go to set your wallpaper there should be three dots. Hot those dots and then set as and then the options should show for you to choose either or both.
I'm just so used to having an app drawer. How do you work around that? I've built a bunch of folders, similar to what I've done in Nova, and just used the page to the left of my main screen to place them. Then, I used screens on the right for whatever widgets I'm gonna use. Ultimately I may move some folders to the screen where I have associated widgets (Audio folder on the same page where my GPM widget is). Maybe you could share some screen shots of your pages? Thanks!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
No problem. I keep my main apps on my first page or home screen. Then if I scroll left I have all my entertaining apps such as Amazon best buy eBay and so on. When I scroll right I keep all my working or tool apps on that page like adobe google drive office and so on. Even my downloads and file manager is on my working took page. Group your apps in that manner and I think you'll find a nice harmony in that set up. You can even add an extra page if you want to get even more technical with specific apps. I personally keep it simple. Home screen my main apps I use daily no matter what category they fall, to the left my fun shopping entertainment apps and to my right all my professional or working apps. It's a good set up and has served me well actually well before I started using Huawei Honor devices. The app drawer to me after using 4.1 is seriously just not needed. You can space your apps out so even more categories if you want but that is my personal set up whether I'm have an app drawer or not. EMUI 4.1 to me is the best interface software I've ever used. It's a hybrid that is blended quite nicely so I'd say after about a week and a half you'll begin to realize the beauty of this cool software. I strongly believe that Huawei Honor with in the next two to three years will definitely surpass Samsung as the go to or household Android name that Samsung had held title to for so long. They need a couple more strong years here in the US and then you'll start seeing the major carriers pick them up too. The only way this will not happen is, if Huawei Honor gets greedy and hikes their pricing. Companies these days always seem to ignore their roots and the customers who put them in the upper end place they become. If Huawei Honor stays true to their core roots, I don't see any way possible for them not to be considered one of the top three androids or household names in a few years. Enjoy your awesome tablet.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I finally figured out how to change the lock screen wallpaper, but now I was hoping to go back to the default setting, which rotated pictures from an album every time you pulled up the lock screen. Can't figure out how to get that back. Any thoughts?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I finally figured out how to change the lock screen wallpaper, but now I was hoping to go back to the default setting, which rotated pictures from an album every time you pulled up the lock screen. Can't figure out how to get that back. Any thoughts?
Should be a setting within settings to allow you to reset default settings or factory settings without loosing data. It's in the settings somewhere I know. You may have to go into settings and plug in default settings or factory settings and it will auto find it for you. That im quite sure of as factory default settings is pretty much a setting typical for every device. Hope this helps.