New Huawei Honor X2, Model GEM-703L

suzyrowe

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Got Net10/AT&T pay as you go unlimited talk, text, data. Reset the APN as per instructions from net10, but cannot send or receive picture messages.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Also the dialer that came with the phone kept telling me my 10-digit contact numbers were invalid, so I downloaded Contacts+ for dialing. (I'm in the US).
The onboard messaging program didn't work, so downloaded Messages. That didn't send MMS, but can text.
Any help out there???

suzyrowe

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes used APN settings given by NET10. Is there something else I need to check? The net10 help line said it must be something else with the phone's settings or software.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And the phone's mobile data is turned on, right? MMS has to use mobile data, not voice signal or wi-fi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yy5eN2tlDA

I couldn't find a specific video for the Honor X2, so I hope the steps are the same for the Honor 3X.

suzyrowe

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Tried this, and also went back to the original messaging app that came with the phone as the default messaging app. I am now getting and sending MMS. Wonder if 'Messenger' works with Android 5.0.
Have no idea why this worked, but it did!

suzyrowe

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes, meant to add that I had to turn off WLAN. Messaging won't work when WiFi is turned on, even if I'm not connected at the time.
Downright strange!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the wi-fi was on, it might have been connecting to some nearby network without your knowledge. The phone is still supposed to know to switch to mobile data to send MMS, but perhaps there's a firmware bug that prevents it from happening.

VillaRegina

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I am researching both the X2 and the P8MAX. I am scared to order one because I am a newbie to wiping partitions, WLAN, practically everything I just read you guys talking about. How difficult will it be for me to set up a phone to the working specs that a phone that I buy from the cell provider would have? I am here in the USA. What cell provider has the best support for these phones? I am ready to switch from Verizon, anyway. I am noticing that the X2 is being discussed on all the forums much more than the P8MAX. Do you think there's a reason for that? Where did you USA residents safely buy your phones? Thanks for all your help! I'm reading every website and forum I can find to learn as much as I can!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Old thread, I know, but I thought that I would add my experience with my Honor X2 on AT&T.
Just like the X1 before it,the X2 has trouble sending and receiving MMS messages using the stock messaging app. To get around this, I use the Textra messaging app. It completely fixed me messaging issues.
I've been very happy with the X2 on AT&T. Speeds are plenty fast.

VillaRegina

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Old thread, I know, but I thought that I would add my experience with my Honor X2 on AT&T.
Just like the X1 before it,the X2 has trouble sending and receiving MMS messages using the stock messaging app. To get around this, I use the Textra messaging app. It completely fixed me messaging issues.
I've been very happy with the X2 on AT&T. Speeds are plenty fast.
Thanks for letting us know about AT&T. I switched from Verizon unlimited data to TMobile to be able to use an X2. I am using a Note 3 right now and have been trying Textra. On top of my most lived-in location being in the middle of a TMobile "black hole" it appears that TMobile doesn't easily allow for 3rd party Messaging Apps. There is some kind of TMobile "fix" you can choose in Textra Settings but it NEVER works for me... Glitches galore! So, beware of problems on Textra with TMobile. I am probably giving TMobile until December 1st (the local store - located right smack in the middle of the "black hole") swears that TMobile is adding nTelos towers that they bought and service should be great by then. I will be moving to AT&T to try them if nothing gets better!

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issues on TMobile. I had an X1 last year that I could never get to work properly on AT&T...even when using the Textra messaging app. I took a chance back in July with the X2, and was really relieved to see that Textra worked properly. I have had no issues with group texts, MMS messages, group text MMS messages, etc, etc whatsoever. As soon as I powered up the phone and logged in, I downloaded the app and set it as the default messaging app, and all is good.
Good luck with your X2. Hopefully, if you make the switch to AT&T, you have the same experience that I have been having.

tluu04

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I got a honor x2 from December 2015. The gps worked fine in first few months. Last 2 or 3 months it keeps showings searching for GPS then No GPS with Maps or Waze. I can't get voice directions anymore. Please help!

suzyrowe

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Newest APN settings for NET10/AT&T.
Called Net10 to double check these. Everything is now working after also manually resetting Textra MMS.
These are Your APN Settings
NAME: NET10
APN: RESELLER
PORT: 80
AUTH TYPE: None
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS PROXY: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS PORT: 80
MMS APN TYPE: default,mms,supl

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads