No Google account under accounts in settings

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a huawei media pad 2. I was having a little trouble with some of the syncing features so decided to perform a hard reset. Once the reset was completed and the tablet powered up the 1st thing it asks is to connect to a wifi signal. Which I did. Next is normally to be asked to sign in or create a Google account. But this didn't happen. I went into settings/accounts and tried to add a new account but there was no option offered for a Google account. I did manage to find a apk for Google play which I downloaded and installed so I now have my apps back on my tablet. I also found an apk for Google account manager and downloaded and installed it but that but came up with a message saying install failed. After this download and install I went back into setting /accounts and "google" was now listed. I don't know if it's there there because of the google play download or the google account manager download. But my real problem is that google play doesn't let me upgrade any of the apps. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a huawei media pad 2. I was having a little trouble with some of the syncing features so decided to perform a hard reset. Once the reset was completed and the tablet powered up the 1st thing it asks is to connect to a wifi signal. Which I did. Next is normally to be asked to sign in or create a Google account. But this didn't happen. I went into settings/accounts and tried to add a new account but there was no option offered for a Google account. I did manage to find a apk for Google play which I downloaded and installed so I now have my apps back on my tablet. But this apk doesn't let me upgrade those apps. And I still don't have "google" listed under accounts in settings. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.
Perform another factory reset and see if the Google account option shows up under the Account Settings. If it doesn't, then contact Huawei to see if they can assist as something appears to be wrong with the software.

Have you previously done anything to the device (i.e. root, modify, etc.) which may have allowed Google services to be deleted?

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks srkmagnus. I've just edited my original question because I just went back into setting /accounts and lo and behold "google" is now listed. I'm not sure if it was the google play apk or the google account manager apk that solved that problem. My real problem is my google play won't let me upgrade any of my apps! Any ideas? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the Mediapad X2 forum. Are you saying that you also solved the problem of updating your apps through the Play Store?

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
That's all I solved is up dating my apps. After I downloaded the google play store .apk I was able to access the play store and download apps and google accounts showed up in some places but not in others. For instance, I can sync my calender with google because google shows up as an account under Android account/sync settings but I can't sync my contacts because google doesn't show up under accounts. If I go to add an account there is no option to add a google account. I have contacted Huawei about all of this and have recieved no help what so ever. If there's any ideas you have about what I can do about this please let me know. Thanks. Oh.....I have not rooted this phone at any time either. Thanks again fr any help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey