No Google account after factory reset.

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I own a huawei GEM 703LT. A couple of months back I performed a factory reset in hopes of solving a syncing problem I was having (onemediahub) . When the phone booted back up it never offered me the opportunity to sign into my google account. I had no access to the google play store until I managed to find a copy of the apk on line and at least I was able to reload my apps. The phone is working fine but I can't sync my google contacts becuase I still not signed into the account. If I go to settings /accounts there is no Google account listed there and when I try to add an account Google is not listed as an option. Has anyone experience this before after a factory reset? I contacted huawei and recieved an answer that was half in English and half in Chinese which wasn't much help. Does anyone know how I solve this problem? Is there some way of downloading the google account? I was kind of hoping the problem might be solved when the phone upgraded it self to 6.0 but I'm not sure this phone is ever going to get that upgrade. If anyone has any ideas please pass them on. Thanks

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your time. I'm trying to avoid anther factory reset. Putting everything back on there isn't a two second operation. Any other ideas before we have to the factory reset option?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not sure what the Mediapad had pre-installed or if it has access to Google Play 'natively' (Chinese devices sold in China don't because of the Google ban in China). But if you had to download the Play Store, the only thing I can think of is to do the same for Google Play Services, but that I'm not sure if it's available as a simple APK (and, of course, it comes with the inherent security risk of where you're getting the APK that will get access to your Google Account from).

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It would appear that I have google play services on my media pad. I just don't have a Google account to sign into. I downloaded the apk for Google play and signed into that but I still don't have '' Google " listed under accounts. Any more thoughts? Thanks for you time?

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Gmail is no problem. In fact the only problem is with my contacts. Under settings/accounts in contacts "google" is not listed. If I try to add an account there is no option to add Google (so I can't sync my Google contacts) . This is quite strange because in calendar under settings /accounts "google" IS listed and I have no problem syncing my calendar. So, when I download the apk for Google play and signed into to it it gave me an account in calendar but not on contracts! Everything on the phone is working fine, I just can't sync my contacts because there's no Google account in there. Any thoughts?

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Under settings/accounts google is listed but that wasn't the case till i downloaded the play store apk and signed into it. Google is listed as an account in the calendar app but is not listed in the contact app. Consequently my calendar is syncing but not my contacts. Thanks for your time.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, on the Accounts section, if you go to your Google account, you should see a bunch of things to sync. I'm assuming GMail and Calendar are there... do you see Contacts in there? On the Contacts app, is there an option to hide certain contacts, maybe?

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In settings/accounts and can go into google and see what's there is to sync. Gmail, calendar, etc are all there except "contacts". I have gone into my contacts app and see no place where I could have accidentally hidden the google account. Any ideas? Thanks again for you time.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm stumped on this one! It's gotta be something with the Contacts app then, somehow not registering with your Google account... Have you tried any 3rd party apps for contacts? That might help register the account and see if it now shows up for your Contacts app.

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded a third party contact app and it even walked me through the google account set up. I entered my Gmail address and logged in. I really thought we were there! But, alas, it was not to be.... Still no Google account in the contacts settings. This is very strange!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, found this on a very old thread, it might help or at least see if it's there.

If you go to the Application Manager (might have to select to show System Apps), do you see 'Google Contacts Sync' there? If not, go to the Disabled tab or option... is it there?

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
No! It's just showing the contacts that I exported from my google contacts (via Bluetooth). There is no Google account on either the third party contacts app or the native huawei contacts app.

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I went to app manager and there is no app in there named "google contacts sync". And there is no options tab either. There is a place to resent app preferences?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to find a Huawei phone to see if I could find it, but can't. Is there a MORE option in the Application Manager? Or a menu with 'All Apps' on it? THAT'S the app you're missing, but it should be a part of the Google Play Services. On the thread I found the app was there, just disabled... user just re-enabled it and voila!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This from the thread, in case you can't find the Contacts Sync app at all.

I just want to add something incase someone has the same problem I had. After installing GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk the contacts toggle still didn't show up under Google Account, but it did show up after disabling and re-enabling "Auto-sync data" in the menu for all accounts on the phone. Before that I saw the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter app didn't have permission to edit contacts, so had to enable that also under app management.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xper...g-from-Google-Account-Sync/td-p/816169/page/2

slamdunk58

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You have done it! Yahoo! I went online and found a copy of the apk for Google contacts sync adapter. I loaded it and..... Voilia!..... All my google contacts back on my phone. Thanks so much. This has been driving me crazy and now I all sorted. Thanks again.