P10 And P10 Plus Cameras Compared

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The aperture on a smartphone normally translates into better photos especially when in low light situations. I expected the photos to look a fair bit better when comparing a f/2.2 vs f/1.8. The 1.8 aperture should have helped a lot when trying to deal with low light situations but based on those photos, it looks like the 1.8 aperture took a holiday and didn't do very much haha :D I did notice some small differences in the low light photos but nothing drastic.

I guess its good news for those who want the standard P10. It won't really be a downgrade in the camera department :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm rather pleased at the small differences myself, because I prefer the P10's smaller size and lower price. :)

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The aperture on a smartphone normally translates into better photos especially when in low light situations. I expected the photos to look a fair bit better when comparing a f/2.2 vs f/1.8. The 1.8 aperture should have helped a lot when trying to deal with low light situations but based on those photos

The P10 Plus has only 1/3 of a stop advantage over the P10. That's pretty insignificant in photography terms. You could under/overexpose by 1/3 of a stop and not really see much difference.

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Cheers Fred98TJ! After watching a few video reviews of the P10 my eyes were drawn to the horrid screen protector and the way it doesn't fit fully to the screen and knowing that with no oleophobic screen coating I was going to have to live with it. The thought of using that each and every day was bugging me more and more. I cancelled my pre-order and bought a beautiful black Google Pixel instead.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a P9, Mate 9 ( haven't used the P9 since I got the Mate 9) and a LG V20 ( haven't used the Mate 9 since I got the V20). Maybe get a G6. Will sell the P9 for sure and, if I get a G6, decide which of the Mate 9 or V20 to sell.
The lack of oleopholic coating is a killer for me also (P10)

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Cheers Fred98TJ! After watching a few video reviews of the P10 my eyes were drawn to the horrid screen protector and the way it doesn't fit fully to the screen and knowing that with no oleophobic screen coating I was going to have to live with it. The thought of using that each and every day was bugging me more and more. I cancelled my pre-order and bought a beautiful black Google Pixel instead.

So you don't buy screen protector for your phone then ?

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So you don't buy screen protector for your phone then ?

No. I did once, some time ago when I had a OnePlus One and could get a tempered glass protector which fitted perfectly. Since then I've never bothered and my phones always have completely unmarked screens when I sell them on. I have a pocket in my jeans/trousers which only holds my phone and I always use a case with a lip around the screen so if I place it screen down it doesn't come into contact with the surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL