How can I unlock my P8 Lite, if I turned off the swype keyboard?

A

AC Question

Hi, I have set the phone unlocking with a password. Yesterday I accidentally turned off the swype keyboard and now the login screen does not display keyboard at all :( Please quick advice on how to unlock my phone. Factory setting only as a last solution. Thank you very much for your ideas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by turning off Swype? Did you disable the keyboard completely? Was that the only keyboard app installed?

If you're unable to bring up any keyboard on the lockscreen, then you could try connecting a basic USB keyboard via an OTG cable.

lubby1003

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Dear B.Diddy,
unfortunately P8 lite does not support OTG :(
Yes, it was only one keyboard in phone. I just stopped this swype keyboard in app manager and after screenlock no longer possible to use the keyboard to enter password. There is only blinking cursor in the line for the password. What do you mean is there another way to login resp. insert my password?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, that's too bad. Other people on OTG-compatible phones have had success with entering their password using a USB keyboard if their onscreen keyboard was malfunctioning.

Is the phone still connected to the web? If so, then go to your Google Play Store website on your computer browser and select any alternate keyboard (like Google Keyboard), and click Install. Then wait for it to install to your phone. Once installed, go to the lockscreen again and tap the password entry--does it ask you which keyboard you want to use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton