PIN unlock: Arbitrary amount of trys?

anon(5348929)

May 21, 2016
Visit site
//edit: Okay, my bad, it does count the trys. Question answered ;)

Hello,

I'm using a P8 lite for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with this device. There's only one thing that bothers me:

I'm using PIN as unlock method. My PIN has four digits. I can type in any combination of digits and the device will only unlock after I typed in my PIN correctly. But for all wrong inputs, it will do nothing. It doesn't seem to count how many times I tried to unlock the phone with a wrong PIN, therefore someone who stole my phone will have an infinite number of tries to unlock it.

I'm used to the method, that after - for example - three wrong inputs, the phone would be inaccessible for a couple of minutes, after the next wrong input for an even longer period of time, and so on. Is it possible to have the P8 lite do the same thing?

Thanks for every answer!
Christian

P.S.: I hope, it is clear, what I mean ...
P.P.S.: Im running Android 6.0

Last edited:

anon(5348929)

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your help. While trying out this app, I found out, that the wrong inputs are in fact counted (I think there are detected when I use the "delete"-button) and after the fifth try there is a pause of thirty seconds. Question answered! Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle