No Viber new message notification in status bar

Lyuba Pehlivanova

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ll,

After the upgrade to Marshmallow I receive no notifications in the status bar for a new Viber message. I only get some kind of push notification on the screensaver when phone is locked. But if it is active I can only see I have new messages over the Viber icon that gets a little number in a red circle depending on how many messages I have received. I also do not hear a sound for a new message while I'm on active phone call.

No problem with status bar notifications for WhatsApp and fb messenger.

Is this some incompatibility between Viber and Huawei or some Viber problem? I have reinstalled it, tried an older version of Viber - still the same. And i don't like that! :mad:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Huawei tends to be pretty aggressive with their memory management. Check the phone's system settings to see if there's a memory management option. If so, make sure Viber is "protected" (i.e., protected from the System wanting to close the app in the background in order to save battery).

Lyuba Pehlivanova

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice but it is protected. None of the settings were changed after the Android update. I am mostly angry that I don't receive status bar notifications plus I see no way to stop this kind of push up notifications I receive when I get a new message. If I wanted them I would enable them from Viber after all! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia