Can't disable shutter sound on Snapchat

indexons

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I can't figure out how to disable the shutter sound on Snapchat on my Huawei P8 Lite.
I've tried everything that I could in the options: Muting the sound on the main camera app, personalizing the sound profiles,.. but none of these disabled the actual shutter sound on the Snapchat app...
Anybody know how to do that? I really want to take sneak pictures during my lectures...

Another quick note, when my flash is on the app or when it's in selfie mode there's no shutter sound..

Thank you

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to disable the shutter sound on Snapchat on my Huawei P8 Lite.
I've tried everything that I could in the options: Muting the sound on the main camera app, personalizing the sound profiles,.. but none of these disabled the actual shutter sound on the Snapchat app...
Anybody know how to do that? I really want to take sneak pictures during my lectures...

Another quick note, when my flash is on the app or when it's in selfie mode there's no shutter sound..

Thank you

You can't. It's set up that way so perverts can't record people without their knowledge.
I don't use snap chat, but I googled it, and found there is a way to do it, IF you root.

This is the post I found. NOT my personal instructions:

1) Download a file explorer i used ES File Explorer.[in the settings just tick the box that says root explorer, yes youll need to be rootd but its gotten so easy theres even a toolkit that does everything for you... and the power of youtube]

2) when in the app go to directory of [ device -> System -> Media -> audio -> UI ]

3) when in the folder UI youll see all the stock rom little sounds.. jut go to "Video Record.ogg" and "videoRecordend.ogg" and rename them both from ".ogg" to ".mp3"

This works because the phone doesnt read the file and doesnt make any sound when recording... EVER!!... if you ever want the sounds back just rename them back to .ogg