Horrible battery life: Overnight/standby battery drain.

t0ny_juni0r

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I really wanted to like this device with its beautiful design and all of its impressive features and specs but one issue has kinda ruined the entire experience for me.
I get terrible battery life specially on standby. Android System is what's eating up my juice and is often at 62% or so which I find very strange. Most Android smartphones I've used had Android System somewhere between 6% to 10% max. When I go to sleep with a 100% fully charged battery, I wake up with 65% or 70% left. That's with Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, mobile data and auto sync all turned off. I tried using the "ultra" power saving mode but to no avail. I even tried disabling some apps including most of Google's services, resetting the phone, clearing the cache but none of that helped. I sent it back to the warranty and they "reinstalled" the software or so they say but Android System is still using up more than 50% (it keeps changing but it's always above 50% or 60% and after a long time of standby during my sleep I then wake up only to find it hit 86%. Android System at 86%!!). The problem hasn't been fixed and I'm really, really frustrated mostly because I sold a perfectly functioning LG G2 for the P8.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-09-14-46-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-09-14-46-29.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 72

jerrywall

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have not seen any problems at all with battery life with the p8. Make a factory reset.

Skickat från min HUAWEI GRA-L09 via Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android System eating up my battery

Try going to your Application Manager, locating the app called 'Play Services' and uninstall updates. Then reboot. Those should re-update themselves.

Also try disabling Location History in Google Now (unless you REALLY use it). That usually helps people with Google Services and Android System eating up their batteries.

Also bear in mind that for the first few days your phone will not last as much as it's conditioning itself and setting things up.

t0ny_juni0r

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android System eating up my battery

Try going to your Application Manager, locating the app called 'Play Services' and uninstall updates. Then reboot. Those should re-update themselves.

Also try disabling Location History in Google Now (unless you REALLY use it). That usually helps people with Google Services and Android System eating up their batteries.

Also bear in mind that for the first few days your phone will not last as much as it's conditioning itself and setting things up.

I uninstalled Play Services, did a reboot, disabled Location History in Google Now and I'm still where I am. I've had the phone for almost two weeks now. I'm pretty sure that's enough time for it to "condition itself".

Would you suspect this is a hardware issue or is that unlikely?

kass8586

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Dude
Just go into stock recovery by pressing volume+ and power button
Now you will see 3 option
Reboot system now
wipe date/factory reset
wipe cache partition
You firstly wipe cache partition and then wipe data/factory reset
Then charge it full night and you will see your battery will increase all day usage. I use maximum my mobile for moderate use and 2 hours full use for 27 hours on battery.
Hopefully this will be helpful for you

ocean76

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
hi! Similar issue with you. my P8 has horrible battery drain overnight as well ...
When the sales person cut my micro SIM card into nano Sim card (human error). Causing the SIM card's chipset faulty. For few weeks my P8 drain battery like drink water ... scary ...

but after changed the new nano SIM card .. the problem is solved. All back to the normal ..
hope this information can help you ...

yasheen omaram 10

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
It hurts me to say I totally agree, the device was really attractive, but the battery life is very disappointing... If a factory reset is done, will that not restore the phone back to default?

draculea

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem with battery drain ( play service at 20-25%). I have already tried the reset, without restoring the backup, but I haven't solved anything. The p8 is very fantastic device. Have you any advice?

zar marco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I've a problem with battery, I've the operative system and play service always over the first at 18% and the second over at 22%, also the stand-by is under 6%? I've try the hard reset but nothing has changed. Have you a possible solution? Thanks so much

podrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I also had this issue, when i purchased the phone the first week it was lucky to make it a work day with 1hr of screen on. I figured it would be pointless factory resetting from boot as it was a brand new phone but I did it anyway and problem solved. I can get about 40 hours on with 3.5hrs sot now which i think is very impressive for a 2600 batt.

This is with facebook and messenger installed and unprotected aswell which are causing the most significant drain for me.

Aussie benni

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been having the battery drain issue for months. I'm talking by 3pm 0% battery life! I was searching for a cynogenmod rom to root my phone then, BOOM Huawei released an Android Marshmellow ROM. I installed the Beta Marshmallow 6.0.0 firmware immediately!

I use both sim's, 3cx, Facebook messenger, Skype and a whole bunch of battery intense apps. My phone is normally down to 40-50% free at the end of the day.

Now I've spotted at least one bug with this firmware, hidden Launcher/ home screen option. Which for me ment no more Google Now Launcher :( I have user Air Launcher as a great alternative, after using it manually a few times it finds the hidden Launcher screen.

Happy days! No more battery issues, no more weird vendor UI. Just a rock solid phone!

http://consumer.huawei.com/my/mobile-phones/support/downloads/detail/p8-my.htm?id=77864

mozdony00

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I solved the problem. I did all of the stuff mentioned before (factory reset, wiping cache partition, turning off all google services - locations etc.) and none of them worked. "Android system" still consumed the most of my battery power. The problem in my case were with the SD card. Previously I had an Asus phone, and when I got the new what I'm currently using (Huawei P8 lite) I didn't format the SD card. Android keeps putting its files to the SD card to work properly, and I think the two different versions of Android's SD card files didn't like each other. I formatted the SD card with the phone and since then, no battery draining problems. I hope it works for you guys too.

ctdctd

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Late reply, but I'd like to confirm mozdony00's post works 100% for me.

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 - overnight battery drain was >20%
I had swapped the 64GB card over from my old Honor 5C with existing data.

Backing up data, re-formatting the card with the P8, and restoring data has completely fixed the excessive battery drain.

andymoorey2k

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Please I have huawei p8 lite and the battery goes off even when it is 100% and put off. When the phone is not on yet it drain from 100% to 0%. What could be the solution please.

Andy