Relock problem

KyrosWeb

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody. I've unlocked the bootloader of my Huawei P8 because i need root. Unfortunately i need to send my device to huawuei assistance because i noticed a little defect of the display. So i've reflashed the stock recovery ,reflashed the stock firmware (with the application "updater") putting into the integrated memory (because i haven't an SD) the folder "dload" .After that i've done also a factory reset with the stock recovery. So to relock the bootloader i try to launch the command by terminal:

"fastboot oem relock code"

But i have this error : FAILED (remote: root type is risk)

Immagine.png

Please help me.

jerrywall

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody. I've unlocked the bootloader of my Huawei P8 because i need root. Unfortunately i need to send my device to huawuei assistance because i noticed a little defect of the display. So i've reflashed the stock recovery ,reflashed the stock firmware (with the application "updater") putting into the integrated memory (because i haven't an SD) the folder "dload" .After that i've done also a factory reset with the stock recovery. So to relock the bootloader i try to launch the command by terminal:

"fastboot oem relock code"

But i have this error : FAILED (remote: root type is risk)

View attachment 188541

Please help me.
You really need a SD card for this to work. It says so in the manual. Sorry.

Skickat från min HUAWEI GRA-L09 via Tapatalk

KyrosWeb

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
You really need a SD card for this to work. It says so in the manual. Sorry.

So with an sd card and the original fw can I reset all the device by original recovery and solve the situation of relock?

Last edited:

jerrywall

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
You can probably relock the bootloader, I have not tried or heard of someone who has done so but it probably should work. A support tech person can most likely still see that it has been unlocked as most phones returns "relocked" from a query on the bottloader status if it is relocked. the chance that support will look into this with regard to a screen issue is close to none

KyrosWeb

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
You can probably relock the bootloader, I have not tried or heard of someone who has done so but it probably should work. A support tech person can most likely still see that it has been unlocked as most phones returns "relocked" from a query on the bottloader status if it is relocked. the chance that support will look into this with regard to a screen issue is close to none

Thanks I will contact them to inform about the problem and if they say "the bootloader is unlocked" i can reply that was my dog to do it O:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC