What could be the cause of the glass protector not sticking flush to the phone (P8)?

yasheen omaram 10

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
What could be the cause of the glass protector not sticking flush to the phone (P8)

I have tried 3 times to put on a glass protector on my brand new P8. The protector does not stick flush to the screen on the top left and right corners and leaves bubbles. The store attendant that put the the glass protector advised me that the screen is/ or could be warped. The phone is brand new and has never fallen or anything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What could be the cause of the glass protector not sticking flush to the phone (P8)

It could still be warped (a manufacturing defect). How "not flush" is it? 1/8? Or a tiny bit? If it's almost flush, but just not seeming to stick, it could be that the adhesive in that corner picked up finger grease or something else that would stop it from sticking.

yasheen omaram 10

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: What could be the cause of the glass protector not sticking flush to the phone (P8)

It is on the top right and left corners of the phone and it is quite a considerable size. I doubt it has anything prohibiting it from sticking because 3 different tempered glass protectors did the same thing. I know of other people with either the same phone or the p8 lite and the screen protector sticks flush to the screen. I wish there was a way to post a picture of it

naughtynate2

May 4, 2014
Visit site

I tried 3 different glass screen protectors all well known brands and they all had the same issue. The top left and right corners would not stick down. I gave up in the end and used a normal screen protector. It's got something to do with the phone unfortunately.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie