How do I upgrade my Huawei P8?

A

AC Question

How to upgrade Huawei P8

Hello Experts,

Just bought a Huawei P8 which has software version GRA-L09V100R001C469B111. Googling makes me think it is an old version of software due to the last 4 digits of the build (B111), but I have not found a clear way to upgrade the telephone.

The Updater utility does not find any available upgrade. So, I would like to know if I can upgrade it to the latest version and how. Should I do it in steps, meaning loading different versions of software until I reach the last one? Or I could directly install the last one? Any way, where could I find those versions?

Thanks,
Rafael

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to upgrade Huawei P8

Unfortunately you can't update. Once there is an update you'll be notified to accept the ota via the phone.

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Hello Experts,

Just bought a Huawei P8 which has software version GRA-L09V100R001C469B111. Googling makes me think it is an old version of software due to the last 4 digits of the build (B111), but I have not found a clear way to upgrade the telephone.

The Updater utility does not find any available upgrade. So, I would like to know if I can upgrade it to the latest version and how. Should I do it in steps, meaning loading different versions of software until I reach the last one? Or I could directly install the last one? Any way, where could I find those versions?

Thanks,
Rafael
If the update utility doesn't find an update, then there is no update available for the phone. The thing is with device manufacturers, they tend to add a customized user interface (UI). So when Google releases a new version of Android, it's up to the device manufacturer to decide if they are going to upgrade their custom UI to work with the new version of Android. If the device is fairly new, then chances are it will eventually get the update. But the older the device is the less likely it will ever see another update.

What you want to look for is the date of manufacture of the hardware itself, not the software. Like I said before, the older it is the less likely you'll see an update anytime soon if ever. The best advice I can give is contact the manufacturer and see if an updated Android is in the works or not.

mohawk apple

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

If the update utility doesn't find an update, then there is no update available for the phone. The thing is with device manufacturers, they tend to add a customized user interface (UI). So when Google releases a new version of Android, it's up to the device manufacturer to decide if they are going to upgrade their custom UI to work with the new version of Android. If the device is fairly new, then chances are it will eventually get the update. But the older the device is the less likely it will ever see another update.

What you want to look for is the date of manufacture of the hardware itself, not the software. Like I said before, the older it is the less likely you'll see an update anytime soon if ever. The best advice I can give is contact the manufacturer and see if an updated Android is in the works or not.
Where would find the date of manufacture on my P8? I know theres a beta version of marshmallow you can install on our p8's if you wanted to, Dam i wish i knew how to install it on my phone :-( I looked to tuturials but can't find nothing.

podrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

There is a big thread on XDA about installing the marshmellow update. You need to update to b200 first then to the latest one. Works on all GRA-l09 as far as I know. You copy the update to your SD card in a special created folder then the utility picks it up.

Im on B140 and was tempted to try this but there isnt a great deal of help available if anything goes wrong unlike for the galaxy series etc so Im just going to wait for the OTA.

mohawk apple

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

There is a big thread on XDA about installing the marshmellow update. You need to update to b200 first then to the latest one. Works on all GRA-l09 as far as I know. You copy the update to your SD card in a special created folder then the utility picks it up.

Im on B140 and was tempted to try this but there isnt a great deal of help available if anything goes wrong unlike for the galaxy series etc so Im just going to wait for the OTA.
Yea I'm gonna wait to,like you said if anything goes wrong i wouldn't know what to do lol.

Kaye_max008

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

That's if it ever comes

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77