Apps in SD card not updating through Play Store. Error 963. Huawei P8. Any Help?

A

AC Question

Apps in SD card not updating through Play Store. Error 963. Huawei P8.

Hi!

This is the issue: I moved some apps in the SD card and, while at first I didn't have any problems, one day only the apps stored in the SD card won't update and give me error 963 (while the apps on the phone update just fine). Then of course, if I move the apps back to the phone, they update successfully, but the point is that I would like to keep them in the SD card...
Other courious fact: if I update one of these apps through the Huawei store (Hi App), the update is successful (but this store doesn't have all the apps I need...).
Does anyone know a solution?

Hope I've been clear enough,

Tommaso

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps in SD card not updating through Play Store. Error 963. Huawei P8.

You have to move them back to the phone to update them. Play Store doesn't handle chopped apps (the app isn't moved to the SD card, small pieces of it are.) Android was never designed to run apps from the SD card, so the play store app wasn't designed.to update them there.

Tommy2101

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Apps in SD card not updating through Play Store. Error 963. Huawei P8.

Hi, I'm the guy who posted the question.
Thank you for your answer, if that's the only solution, I'll do what you say, but it still remains unclear why for some time the apps updated smoothly and then suddenly they stopped...

Thank you anyway for your answer!

Posted via the Android Central App

gyoungiii

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the answer, and for the lucid explanation.
I do wonder, however, why updates have been completing successfully for many months, including apps that I have "moved" to the SD card. And in just the past 2-3 weeks updates have been failing. .. And... I hope Google eliminates this limitation of Android, otherwise the utility of the SD card is severely reduced. Meantime, we must limit our apps to the space available on device storage .. aargh.

Kelli Emerson

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue - the apps will only update if I manually move them back to device storage. Just started happening a couple weeks ago. Did an Android update come out around that time? I'm stuck with this phone (Galaxy S5) until November so I can't just get a new phone with more internal storage. I have submitted an email through Play Store feedback, but haven't received a response. Very annoying! :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon