How to remove navigtion menu hovering button

A

AC Question

Today, when i openend my Huawei p8 lite mobile phone (Apex launcher) a movable Button showed up. When clicked upon it opens a round menu with the Same options i can find in my navigation bar.

It Bothers me and i would like to remove is. Any idea how to do this?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Could you post a screenshot with this menu opened? What happens if you long press on the floating icon? Check in your settings the running apps and see what's on that list. Do you have any RAM manager or cleaner app installed in your phone?

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! I translated that toast on your first pic and it looks like a RAM cleaner is running. It could be from an app that you downloaded or from some stock feature in your phone. Do you have any cleaner or RAM booster in your phone? Clean Master, DU booster or similar? Have you tried checking your running apps in the settings?

Tweevier

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I use for RAM cleaning is the standard app that came with the phone.
I checked my running apps and from the ones running it doens't like like this is because one of these (some standard android apps, messenger, whatsapp...)

I've been wondering if this is a stock feature but i've been through all of my settings and can't find anything that may result in this.

Thank you for your time btw

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I use for RAM cleaning is the standard app that came with the phone.

Which app is it? Is this a particular app that came preinstalled or an option in your general settings?

I've been wondering if this is a stock feature but i've been through all of my settings and can't find anything that may result in this.

Yeah, there's a big chance that this floating icon is a stock feature. It's caused by an app or system process that pushes toasts in Dutch (it's Dutch, right?). In how many places have you been able to change the language?

There's an easy way to be sure. Boot your phone into safe mode. If the icon is still there it means that it's a stock feature (or any app that came preinstalled), if not then the culprit is a third party app that you downloaded.

I've never used this particular phone so I'm not sure where to find this feature in the settings. I'll get in touch with the moderators and see if they can move this thread to the P8 forum where it'll be more visible for other owners.

Just a last thought. Have you recently updated any app from the Play Store or received a system update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08