Huawei P9 sound problem

remco1250

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm gonna try it. Whenever I open an app on my phone with the sound on, it just plays the sound as loud as the slider is, BUT then when I tap the screen, the volume of the sound lowers substantial. The slider will still stay at the same place. I hope you guys can help me!

remco1250

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey! Thanks for your reply! I can't use my apps in safe mode, and it's changing the sound (as far as I know) in youtube or for that matter any video app or on any video. It doesn't even appear in every (for instance) game I try. Some games lower the volume after tapping and others don't (I think).

I've only had this phone for 2 days now and it's my first Android, so I don't really know how to use this haha.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There still should be some video apps you can use in Safe Mode. If YouTube was preinstalled, it should work in Safe Mode. Otherwise, what if you play a video file using the stock video player?

remco1250

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
There still should be some video apps u can use in Safe Mode. If YouTube was preinstalled, it should work in Safe Mode. Otherwise, what if you play a video file using the stock video player?

Damnit I'm sorry, I meant to say it doesn't happen in video apps as far as I know.

EDIT: okay so i found out that it also happens in youtube. Also in safe mode. So appareantly it happens in every app (except pokemon go it seems).

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That suggests it's a problem with either the firmware or hardware. I'm not sure how easy it is to reinstall the firmware--a quick search on Google didn't come up with any straightforward process. Ultimately, you may need to contact Huawei about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No--factory reset isn't quite the same as reinstalling the firmware. A factory reset will use the firmware that is currently installed on your phone, and revert it to factory settings--but if the firmware is corrupt, then you won't be fixing the underlying problem. Reinstalling the firmware puts a fresh uncorrupted copy of the firmware on the phone.

remco1250

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh, well I have no idea how to do that. I spoke to Huawei staff twice, one said it's the hardware, and the other the software. I searched a little more on youtube and found a video with the same problem. He said to wait for a later buildnumber than me, which the Huawei staff also said. So I guess I'll wait for a week or 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz