How can I get my Huawei P9 to sound notifications all the time?

xristfer

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
At night if my P9 is left plugged in charging, it will sound all notifications that I have given permission to via battery settings (protected apps).
If however the P9 is NOT plugged into the wall, after a period of time no notifications sound. I imagine it goes into a type of deep sleep mode after not being used.

How can I keep the P9 sounding notifications 24 hours a day regardless of being plugged into the wall or not?

Thanks for your help - am new to Android.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are any other power-saving modes turned on, or do you have a 3rd party battery saver app installed?

xristfer

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks very much for responding. I don't have a 3rd party battery saver app. Equally the apps I want to sound off I've put them as "protected".
I have even chosen within Battery manager Performance and not "Smart" or "Ultra" - but the mobile seems to go back to 'Smart' on its own.
Maybe I'm not selecting or saving something correctly.

All in all, I need a few apps to ring no matter what time of the day it is.

xristfer

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! Yes you're absolutely right. Everytime I optimize the mobile the smart mode for the battery is activated.
I've tweeted the issue to @HuaweiMobiles - I'll share what they come back with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-15-15-34-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-15-15-34-52.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there some sort of Optimize button? If so, that's what you have to avoid. Huawei devices can be pretty aggressive when it comes to "optimization" and "boosting," so if you see notifications that you haven't "optimized" your phone in n days, just ignore it -- there shouldn't really be any need to "optimize" an Android device.