Error regarding Googlequicksearchbox in camera of P9 Lite

jackmichealb

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Just to confirm what Gretar has said, go to your Google Now settings - Voice - and disable the bit where you can access Google now from any screen by saying "OK Google". I had exactly this problem but as soon as I disabled this it sorted it out.

Obviously the 'ok google from any screen' setting means having the microphone permanently on, which seemingly causes lots of issues in other apps.

This worked so well. Thank you, tried cleaning cache, but it didn't work on P9 lite. :)

brad7529

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Clearing cache in play services worked for me. Definitely coming from there bc I just got the google assistant update...lost features vs google now. Only setting I have is for it to always listen...no separate settings for any screen, screen off, personal results....plus I couldn't even turn off that 1 always listening option to troubleshoot so, ironically, I deleted voice model, then set it back up, THEN I started getting this error and ended up here. But I want voice so started by deleting cache and that's working for now. Despite wanting it so badly, assistant has just been a pain on Honor so I'm sure this or something else will be broken again tomorrow.

Fio Tryff

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
This has definitely something to do with the latest update.
Tried all the solutions above, none worked on my Honor8.

For now, I've completely denied Google app access to the microphone.

Settings - permissions - microphone

So far so good

Aliboy27

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for sharing this. I've had this problem for 2 weeks and it is finally solved. You are an absolute legend.

Hopefully Huawei release an update to fix this problem if its possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tynish11

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey bro I had the samesame thing and I just did this:
Go to google not google chrome but the google app with the G.
Then on your top left the will be the menu button.
Click that go to settings.
Click voice.
Click "Ok google" detection.
Then the first point on top "from the google app" disable that and restart your phone.
Everything will be back to normal.
Have a nice day :)

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem, so I go to "OK GOOGLE" detection, and switch off the "from any screen". Done.

Hello,

Happy New Year to you all!

I have owned a Huawei P9 Lite for roughly 6 months now and am quite happy with it. However, for the past few days, I've been having the following problem ...

Whenever I open the camera, I get an error, which, roughly translated from Dutch, says "Camera is recording audio. Com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox:interactor can't open at the moment"

(I added a screenshot)

If I tap "OK", the error message disappears, but pops right up again seconds later. I can use the camera, but it is of course very annoying if you can't see what you're snapping pictures of.

I've been Googling about this and I found out that Quicksearchbox refers to a search box or Google Now. However, I do not have a search box widget on my screen and I also don't see the connection between the camera and that, nor the link with Google Now.

I can't find any topics about the entire error on Google.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I would prefer not to do a factory reset if not necessary.

Greetings,

Lenny

Linarian

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I tried every it seemed and nothing worked until I deleted the voice model! Thank youuuuuuu!

Last edited:

mkargari

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone, you know i have the same problem like all of you pal, as far as I know you can solve the problem like this :
- go to setting
- Google
- tap search at the end
- then select voice
- then 'Ok Google'
- select 'Delete voice model'
@@@@then enjoy @@@@
it works : p9, mate 8, mate 9, p9 lite

plz do it and tell us that problem solve or not.

Isyrawr

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys i just fixed it like 15 mins ago.

so apparently the problem occurs when u have the google app that can recognize your voice when you say like "OK google"

so i figure i can just disable(deny) Google permission to use microphone. it works but i wont be able to quickly do a quick google search by using my voice, which used to be very helpful to me.

so what i did next instead is to go to the Google App i found on the menu. Settings, > Voice > "OK google" detection and just disable "From any screen". tested it out and it works.

by enabling this you can say ok google anywhere INCLUDING IN CAMERA MODE. but by disabling it you will need to be on the home menu for it to work if im not mistaken.

so yea thats it. hope this helps

AK Edwards

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I've had the same issue coming up if I try to take videos. Still photos were fine but I had that same error message (in English) whenever I tried to record something.
I fixed it by opening the camera app on normal photo mode then swiped right to settings and then scrolled down to the bottom and clicked restore defaults. A message then pops up to say 'camera settings will be restored to their default values.' I clicked ok and then swiped back onto camera mode. A couple of messages came up for permissions like allowing location service so I accepted the ones I wanted. I had no message about ok Google though as I don't use it so maybe it's best to decline that if it comes up on yours. I then clicked on the video function, pressed record and it records as normal. Problem fixed! Yay! :)
Hope this works for you.

Myeviltwin1971

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a Huawei P9 with the same issue.
Try this as it worked for me.

Settings
Google
Apps connected

Then disconnect any apps that might be using the mic all the time.
I had 'Google sing' and some other Google game related crap.

I disconnected them both and so far so good.
Worth a shot! Good luck.

Ruby10

May 6, 2017
Visit site
i got solution for my P9 lite.
Following the Steps

1- settings
2- google
3- search
4- voice
5- 'Ok Google' detection
6- Delete voice model
7- Ok
8- Enjoy :)

I've got a P9, and had the same error message "camera is currently recording audio. com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox:interactor will not be able to record right now". The first 5 steps worked for me, and then:
6. From any screen - disable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke