Error regarding Googlequicksearchbox in camera of P9 Lite

Mapleleiah

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

Happy New Year to you all!

I have owned a Huawei P9 Lite for roughly 6 months now and am quite happy with it. However, for the past few days, I've been having the following problem ...

Whenever I open the camera, I get an error, which, roughly translated from Dutch, says "Camera is recording audio. Com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox:interactor can't open at the moment"

(I added a screenshot)

If I tap "OK", the error message disappears, but pops right up again seconds later. I can use the camera, but it is of course very annoying if you can't see what you're snapping pictures of.

I've been Googling about this and I found out that Quicksearchbox refers to a search box or Google Now. However, I do not have a search box widget on my screen and I also don't see the connection between the camera and that, nor the link with Google Now.

I can't find any topics about the entire error on Google.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I would prefer not to do a factory reset if not necessary.

Greetings,

Lenny

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-06-12-16-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-06-12-16-48.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 33

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Mapleleiah

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you... Clearing the cache seems to have done the trick!

Lenny

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/1232-huawei-p9-wipe-cache-partition-solved. If the problem persists, see if it goes away in Safe Mode: http://consumer.huawei.com/ca/support/products/faqs/detail/y6-ca.htm?id=55398. If it does, then something you installed is interfering. You might have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

SHILSHIL

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Also I am facing same problem with mate 9 .

While using some apps like yeecall,WhatsApp or even phone above error will pop-up.

In the begining I thought it's a software issue and I did reset the phone twice but nothing happened.

So please advice

Gretar Gje

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Also I am facing same problem with mate 9 .

While using some apps like yeecall,WhatsApp or even phone above error will pop-up.

In the begining I thought it's a software issue and I did reset the phone twice but nothing happened.

So please advice

I just bought a P9 yesterday and had the same problem, the issue is that I had enabled "OK Google" to work from every screen, soon as I disabled that, the error stopped showing up in various apps. To bad the mic can't handle two apps at a time :/

Adamh3005

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Just to confirm what Gretar has said, go to your Google Now settings - Voice - and disable the bit where you can access Google now from any screen by saying "OK Google". I had exactly this problem but as soon as I disabled this it sorted it out.

Obviously the 'ok google from any screen' setting means having the microphone permanently on, which seemingly causes lots of issues in other apps.

Bigbadboogie

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem with my p8 (not lite)
However I solved it differently. (Edit did not solve, issue came back)
(Wiping cache did not help)
I disabled quick calling (Huawei feature) since it seems Huawei related and I trust Google SW more than Huawei =)

1 Search for voice in settings (in settings search box)
2 choose voice control
3 choose quick calling
4 turn quick calling off
Done

no more issues and I have "hello google" still active so I guess the 2 features were fighting about mic and when camera also request, 3parties was too much.
Issue came after updating to latest build nr ending with b390 and emui 4.0.1 on Android 6.0

Edit: issue came back, so it seems like I need to turn off hello goggle as well.
Oh and it was a l8tr phone I have

Last edited:

semajm

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my p9 (not lite)
However I solved it differently.
(Wiping cache did not help)
I disabled quick calling (Huawei feature) since it seems Huawei related and I trust Google SW more than Huawei =)

1 Search for voice in settings
2 choose voice control
3 choose quick calling
4 turn quick calling off
Done

no more issues and I have "hello google" still active so I guess the 2 features were fighting about mic and when camera also request, 3parties was too much.
Issue came after updating to latest build nr ending with b390 and emui 4.0.1 on Android 6.0

I tried this route unfortunately it didnt work for me on my P9 but turning google voice off on every page did.
Hopefully 1 of the 2 will for future readers

ampentium2

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Is there anyway to fix this without turning off the "OK Google" from any screen??? I use that features heavily. Clearing the cache doesn't fix it for me.

Since this used to work for me, but not anymore... I'm hating Huawei right now...

Last edited:

ChrissO

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I can't find voice in setting. Care to give step by step instructions?

It is if you go in to like your making a call then press on the right bottom lines and go to setting you have it there.

But mine was off and cleaned cache.. still get the error on my P9

nurfikri fahmi

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
unfortunately, my problem still not solve. I've done the wipe cache but it doesn't work on my Huawei p9 lite. Is this the problem that caused by this phone since I'm Huawei p9 lite user as well? I hope that there will be other ways to solve this problem. Please kindly help me.

nurfikri fahmi

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Just to confirm what Gretar has said, go to your Google Now settings - Voice - and disable the bit where you can access Google now from any screen by saying "OK Google". I had exactly this problem but as soon as I disabled this it sorted it out.

Obviously the 'ok google from any screen' setting means having the microphone permanently on, which seemingly causes lots of issues in other apps.

This method really solved my problem. Thank you for sharing ^_^

Nicu Scorus

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site

Thanks, it was useful for me as well. I met the same situation on a P9.
I tried turning off Huawei's quick calling, but nothing changed. Disabling OK Google seems the easiest solution.

Muhammad Jasim

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
i got solution for my P9 lite.
Following the Steps

1- settings
2- google
3- search
4- voice
5- 'Ok Google' detection
6- Delete voice model
7- Ok
8- Enjoy :)

GF Wong

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
This happened on my Mate 9. The persistent error message will pop up in every app that uses the microphone. Tried clearing cache, wiping cache partition but didn't help. The only way is to disable OK Google detection from any screen. Sad that there's no other way.
IMG_20170306_111044.png
IMG_20170306_111952.png
post-474391-1488758225_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

glella

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same error in my mate 9

It used to work with no issues but not these dialogs pop-up all the time while using the mic on other apps. The only way to disable is to disable voice control from any screen as stated above

Also everytime I connect or disconnect phone to computer or charger another dialog pop-ups. Very annoying

Seems like a Huawei soft issue as it started happening after the last update. Tried cleaning cache, etc but did not work